A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies.
Our people are empowered to challenge the status quo and actively explore new ideas and opportunities. We work together and focus on getting things done. Our agility allows us to act fast and seize opportunities – achieving exceptional, sustainable results.
Do you like to think outside the square and challenge yourself? Do you like to collaborate as a team to achieve more than you thought possible?
Think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
At Mineral Resources, we continually improve not only our operations, but our systems and processes.
Our people are at the heart of all that we do. Our leaders provide a foundation on which our talent, passion and entrepreneurial spirit can shine through.
The result? We work together to create solutions and achieve exceptional results, in a safe and sustainable way. Together, we will always deliver – and that sets us apart.
Do you have the courage to take on the impossible and the passion to make it happen? Do you care about your team and celebrate their differences?
About the role
MRL’s business performance has been a successful journey with many notable highlights and achievements. As we continue to grow from strength to strength with significant upcoming projects, a new opportunity has arisen for a Specialist Financial Accountant to join the MRL team.
The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for leading the Corporate Finance Reporting team to deliver its financial reporting, compliance and continuous improvement objectives. Based initially in Applecross and moving to Osborne Park later this year, this role will require an effective communicator who is both strategic and hands-on and can engage effectively with individuals and teams across a diverse organisation. This role reports to the Group Finance Manager.
- Lead and develop team of 3 Financial Accountants
- Continuous improvement projects
- Manage the execution of the monthly group consolidation processes
- Financial reporting requirements including half-year, full-year, quarterly and statutory reporting for the consolidated entity and subsidiaries
- Preparation of technical accounting papers, including researching and applying new accounting standards Remuneration Report management, including Employee Share accounting
- External Audit Management
- Assist the Corporate Finance team with other financial reporting requirements as and when required
What you’ll bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, or similar
- CA/CPA membership
- Minimum 5 years mining industry (or similar) experience
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Word
- Team leadership experience
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Proven track-record of process improvement
- A pro-active approach with the capability to adapt to changing priorities
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
• Discounted private health insurance
• Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
• Career development opportunities
• State of the art corporate facilities (mid 2021) featuring onsite gym and restaurant
• A supportive and inclusive environment
• 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.