As a growing ASX100 company, Mineral Resources is a leading Australian provider of innovative and sustainable mining solutions. Our success is now complemented by a world-class portfolio of mining operations across commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background:
Mineral Resources is not like other mining companies.
Our people are empowered to challenge the norm and trusted to explore ideas, working together with a focus on getting things done. We’re agile and act fast and seize new opportunities to achieve exceptional, sustainable results.
Our people are at the heart of all we do. The culture and size of our company provides a foundation on which talent, passion and entrepreneurial spirit can shine through.
You are never “just a number” at MRL, you are a valued member of a close-knit team where achievements are recognised, celebrated and rewarded.
The result? Our teams work together to create innovative solutions and achieve incredible results.
Together, we will always deliver – and that’s what sets us apart.
We have an ambitious growth agenda that includes plans to significantly grow our iron ore production and double our mining services business in the next five years.
In the last six months we have added another 1,500 exceptional people to our company, and we are not done yet.
We are currently recruiting for truly career-defining senior roles in preparation for the delivery of an exciting growth project that will shape our future business success.
If you are looking to have a bigger impact, where you are valued and rewarded for being agile and courageous: think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
About the role
Reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the Lead Construction Planner is responsible for coordinating and scheduling major construction works on the entire project. The role required working with Project Controls Manager, Planners and project team members to develop accurate and realistic Construction programs, methodology of progress measurement and tracking/ updating program to enable construction team and management to review the project status and take appropriate measures to improve project performance.
- Strategise with key stakeholders in the development of an overall master schedule to deliver the projects
- Translating strategies, procurement timelines, equipment delivery sequencing, construction methods and commissioning approaches into a fully working and functional master schedule
- Ability to manage complex high valued (>100m) Project Schedules with integration of multiple schedules from various stakeholders into an easy to understand Master schedule.
- Develop, administer and update the WBS System in line with the cost breakdown system
- Experience with producing Basis of schedule progress measurement system including setting up and managing Rules of credits
- Establishing reporting mechanisms as a means of providing project KPI’s and project controls
- Setting up QMR for Quantity / man hours tracking and calculating Productivity Factors (PF) at detailed levels
- Setup Weekly Dashboard reporting with detailed graphs for trend analysis
- Coordinate project reporting, provide support for intermediate planning and scheduling for baseline, resources, and progress tracking needs.
- Understanding and ability to interpret Engineering drawings and Engineering schedules
- Ability to foresee the labour, technical, equipment and material demands that will be placed on specific projects
- Knowledge of Construction processes with a focus on ensuring the correct resources are deployed to each project
- Ability to prepare construction plans and schedules of work (with visual aids such as bar charts and procedures diagrams)
- Setting weekly targets for engineers, supervisors and subcontractors
- Reviewing contractor schedules to ensure they meet contractual requirements;
- Analyse scope changes and schedule trends and recommend actions or alternate execution options to improve schedule or mitigate delays.
- Provide accurate daily, weekly and monthly reports as required
- Work closely with cost personnel and project team members to help producing integrated and consolidated project reports and forecasts;
- Excellent communication skills when liaising with clients and subcontractors
- Sound knowledge of industry standards, terminologies and labour norms
- Oversee a team of planners to mentor and standardise across Projects and Disciplines
- Present neat documentation, correspondence and records as requested
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of systems and processes to assist management decisions and help improve efficiency;
- Identify project risk throughout all phases of the Project and monitor/ recommend risk mitigations;
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including:
• Discounted private health insurance
• Safe work environment – see our rapid response to COVID-19
• Career development opportunities
• State of the art corporate facilities (mid 2021) featuring onsite gym and restaurant
• A supportive and inclusive environment
• 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately. Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.