WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
We are currently looking for a self-motivated and energetic Principal Mine Planning Engineer responsible for overseeing the tactical mine planning and scheduling activities for MRL mining operations across both iron ore and lithium commodities.
In this position you’ll:
- Overseeing the delivery of quality plans
- Coordinating the budget process including input collection and inter-departmental collaboration and engagement
- Coaching and developing the technical and overall skills of your team
- Overseeing the budget and reforecast process with specific focus on 2 year mine and supply chain planning.
- Undertaking scenario and project analysis to support plan development and contribute to understanding and management of site value drivers.
- Leveraging your detailed knowledge of planning processes and practices to improve the processes relating to design, reconciliation, 2-year, and 5-year planning.
- Analysing and communicating fleet requirements to stakeholders in both the internal commodities and externally facing mining services businesses.
- Liaising with the site mining team and technical services team to ensure production and quality conforms with overall plan and strategy.
As a leader, you want to look back in a few years and be proud of what you’ve achieved.
Not just as one replaceable cog in a mining machine, but as a change maker.
Tracking these achievements gives you runs on the board and a clear path towards your next challenge or project. At MRL, we want you to celebrate your wins and see the next step clearly.
Giving you the freedom to reimagine how things work? MRL would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience leading technical teams in a mining environment
- Experienced with mine planning and design software packages (Minemax Scheduler, Surpac and Alastri Products experience highly regarded)
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, relationship cultivation and meeting facilitation skills
- Familiarity with pit optimisation tools and their underlying value drivers
- Operational work experience to meet the WA Unrestricted Quarries Managers Certificate requirements highly regarded
- Demonstrated working knowledge of mine safety procedures and regulations
Finding value where others can’t
Our MRL team is full of big hitters, batting for the underdog, and finding value where others can’t.
Our success relies on the ability of our people to think differently, work smarter, and find hidden efficiencies. It’s how we define innovation and what gives our people the power to grow and scale a project.
Then there’s how we do it. We know how our people get the best out of themselves and checking off a to-do list designed under heavy layers of bureaucracy just isn’t it.
Here you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, or a better workday.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they look after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MRL, including:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Generous leave options
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply