WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Accounts Payable Officer
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
As an ASX100 company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian leader delivering innovative and sustainable diversified mining solutions, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A Little Background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies.
Our people are empowered to challenge the status quo and actively explore new ideas and opportunities. We work together and focus on getting things done. Our agility allows us to act fast and seize opportunities – achieving exceptional, sustainable results.
Do you like to think outside the square and challenge yourself? Do you like to collaborate as a team to achieve more than you thought possible?
Think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
At Mineral Resources, we continually improve not only our operations, but our systems and processes.
Our people are at the heart of all that we do. Our leaders provide a foundation on which our talent, passion and entrepreneurial spirit can shine through.
The result? We work together to create solutions and achieve exceptional results, in a safe and sustainable way. Together, we will always deliver – and that sets us apart.
Do you have the courage to take on the impossible and the passion to make it happen? Do you care about your team and celebrate their differences?
Think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
About the Role
To support our continued growth, we are seeking experienced and proactive Accounts Payable Officers to join our Applecross office, with the role soon to be in our state-of-the-art Osborne Park office for a 12 month fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, your primary responsibility will be for the day-to-day Accounts Payable function including the entering of invoices, reconciliations and maintaining effective relationships between site and other stakeholders. You will also be required to ensure the accurate and timely payment of suppliers and respond to supplier queries
With previous experience in a similar role, you will have excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail and an understanding of basic accounting principles.
Key deliverables of your role
- End to End Accounts payable processing
- Process invoices matching all invoices to Purchase orders/contracts
- Follow-up processes regarding approvals and pending receipts
- Reconciliations in Pronto and Coupa to all supplier statements
- Resolving disputes/queries with the support of the purchasing department and site personnel
- Work closely and communicate professionally with supplier to achieve desired outcomes
- Escalating information regarding stop credit and potential high-risk suppliers to mitigate financial loss
- Expense claims including follow-up on documentation & approvals through to payment stage
- Weekly/Fortnightly/Monthly payment runs in line with the process structure and time frame
- Telephone calls, being the first point of contact for resolving invoice discrepancies and/or supplier issues
- Adhoc administrative duties and projects including assisting senior team members
What you’ll bring to the team
- Previous accounts payable experience, ideally in a high-volume environment
- Good understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a basic understanding of accounting principles
- Pronto and Coupa experience preferred although not essential
- Good time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft office skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, autonomously and in a team environment
- Our MRL team is full of big hitters, batting for the underdog, and finding value where others can’t.
- Our success relies on the ability of our people to think differently, work smarter, and find hidden efficiencies. It’s how we define innovation and what gives our people the power to grow and scale a project.
- Then there’s how we do it. We know how our people get the best out of themselves and checking off a to-do list designed under heavy layers of bureaucracy just isn’t it.
- Here you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, or a better workday.
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.