WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Pilbara, WA, Australia
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
MRL is offering the exciting opportunity for an Area Manager – Mobile Equipment Maintenance to provide strong and clear leadership to our on-site Asset Management team across our various operations, whilst also facilitating the development of asset maintenance improvement plans, developing cost saving initiatives and aligning the department’s strategies to the overall business goals.
You will be accountable to implement business wide strategies across the sites and will be ultimately responsible for liaising between the Head Office, our client representatives and the operations by providing support and driving standards, governance and compliance to all of our Asset Management Group personnel.
The role encompasses:
- FIFO 5/2 4/3 roster, reporting to the General Manager
- Empowered position with the ability to create change
- A business with a strong entrepreneurial focus where innovation is at the core of culture
The ideal candidates will be a highly intuitive and effective leader of people, with the ability to provide direction to the Asset Management team and drive positive outcomes to improve the overall safety and culture and production in the region.
Your Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure the asset management teams are providing an effective service that provides optimum equipment performance
- Implement strategic asset management initiatives across sites, working closely with both the asset management teams and the Project Managers
- Conduct maintenance reporting on Fleet performance to ensure maximum availability and reliability
- Provide reliability and maintenance support across the sites and region
- Maintain a safe and continuously improving workplace whilst always demonstrating leadership in all safety related matters
- Manage a high performing team in Mobile Maintenance to deliver on their key responsibilities and manage both team and individual performance on a regular and meaningful basis.
- Review, evaluate and coordinate maintenance performance across the existing fleet
- Develop, implement and maintain reliability strategies, initiatives and solutions across the site by identifying hotspots and opportunities
- Establish communities of practice whereby maintenance information and learning’s are shared across the business
As a leader, you want to look back in a few years and be proud of what you’ve achieved.
Not just as one replaceable cog in a mining machine, but as a change maker.
Tracking these achievements gives you runs on the board and a clear path towards your next challenge or project. At MRL, we want you to celebrate your wins and see the next step clearly.
Giving you the freedom to reimagine how things work? MRL would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, or a relevant trade qualification coupled with significant hands-on management experience
- 10+ years’ experience leading a high-performing Maintenance team, ideally within an operational mining and processing environment
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- High degree of computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Excel and database management systems
- Significant demonstrated leadership which supports a high performance culture
- Strong experience in mobile equipment maintenance and development of equipment performance strategies
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to influence
Finding value where others can’t
Our MRL team is full of big hitters, batting for the underdog, and finding value where others can’t.
Our success relies on the ability of our people to think differently, work smarter, and find hidden efficiencies. It’s how we define innovation and what gives our people the power to grow and scale a project.
Then there’s how we do it. We know how our people get the best out of themselves and checking off a to-do list designed under heavy layers of bureaucracy just isn’t it.
Here you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, or a better workday.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they look after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MRL, including:
• Competitive salary
• Quarterly cash bonuses
• Generous leave options
• Employee discounts and offers
• Physical and mental health programs
• Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Utility505114 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Camps and Hospitality
Intermediate Riggers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505109 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Superintendent505108 Goldfields WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Steel Fixers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505104 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara. South-West WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia. South-West, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Advisor505082 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Environmental Advisor505081 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.