WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MinRes), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
The primary purpose of the Assistant Accountant role is the provision of accounting services support. Supporting MWP/MinRes with setting up MWP finance. To Handle the complete setup and daily workload of finance within MWP to ensure correct entry and use of the accounting systems. Working between Capital, Coupa and Pronto as we roll towards full function under Pronto and Coupa or a completely new system. Setting up customer and supplier accounts and documentation associated with the change to MinRes.
In this position you’ll:
- Day to day accounting functions, including processing and reporting
- Accounts receivable function in conjunction with MinRes AR
- Accounts Payable function in conjunction with MinRes AP
- Asset register maintenance
- Administration and maintenance of the job costing system
- General ledger and bank account reconciliations
- Assist with daily cash flow preparation
- Investigation of transactional queries that may affect monthly accounts
- Collate, interpret and distribute data for Inter-company back charges and external hire
- Inter-company transaction reconciliations
- Assist with the maintenance of financial systems and procedures documentation
- Assist with half year and year end Audit requirements and queries as required
- Assist with the Annual budgeting and periodic forecasting process
- Assist with stocktakes
- Special projects where required
- Adherence to company all policies & procedures
- Ensure all 3 systems are up to date and match each other.
- Fundamental role is to learn the full financial capacity of Capital so when we build Pronto and Coupa or move to a new system you will be a key leader in the transition.
Fundamental role is to learn the full financial capacity of Capital so when we build Pronto and Coupa or move to a new system you will be a key leader in the transition
We’re creating opportunities for you to own projects and deliver results. From start through to completion, your fingerprints will be there.
Because here you don’t get lost in layers of people; you step up to make your mark and can easily see your contribution.
At MinRes, you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, a better workday.
Supporting you to work the way that works for you? MinRes would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- High School Certificate (minimum)
- Strong Medium to Large Business accounting experience is necessary
- Working towards a formal designation (CA/CPA) would be an advantage
Flexibility and job security
They’re two things MinRes employees value and, when we say job security, it’s not just about staying somewhere safe that no longer serves you.
Here, job security means working to your strengths, being challenged on each project, and achieving meaningful results that inspire you to choose to stay long-term.
“That’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t exist here, because the value you bring to MinRes will shape your role – and your contribution to our company.
It’s the kind of flexibility that extends to opportunities to co-create your preferred work environment.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes, including:
• Competitive salary
• Quarterly cash bonuses
• Generous leave options
• Employee discounts and offers
• Physical and mental health programs
• MinRes share plan
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.