WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Business Development Manager
- VIC, Australia
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MinRes), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
This role will be responsible for identifying sales opportunities across the Mining, Aggregate, Recycling and Mobile Crushing industries for Mining Wear Parts to be able to supply its full range of products whilst achieving the greatest margin for the MinRes group.
In this position you’ll:
• Handle all areas of your clients from sales enquires to the collection of their payments. That’s means to understand all things about your clients. Directly you would quote them and take orders. Others such as the Sales Admin will process their orders and ensure deliveries go out or goods are ordered in. Finance will do the invoicing and collecting the payments, but you should understand the financial position of each of your clients, so that means if we run out of stock for you client its your responsibility
• Inventory Planning for each and every client to forecast their usage and needs so MWP can better plan their stock holding and purchasing rates
• Sales Trip Planning – This involves planning trips 1-2 months in advance with your manager and other BDM’s to achieve the best rates and be better prepared for each, so appointments can be confirmed and constructive
As a leader, you want to look back in a few years and be proud of what you’ve achieved.
Not just as one replaceable cog in a mining machine, but as a change maker.
Tracking these achievements gives you runs on the board and a clear path towards your next challenge or project. At MinRes, we want you to celebrate your wins and see the next step clearly.
Giving you the freedom to reimagine how things work? MinRes would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- A strong sales background related to mining -or-past experience in mining operations or mining supply services companies at a leadership level and with significant commercial exposure
- 5 years proven working experience in a sales development and client management
- Current car drivers license
Experience with mining related products and services is essential
Experience in sales pricing formulating and calculating
Clear understanding of the sales process from first meeting to fulfilling a clients requirements to winning orders and the needs of the client to keep winning future orders by developing the relationship
Ability to efficiently travel around arid deserted parts of our country to visit the clients independently and safely
Excellent organisational skills. Must be able to prioritise to ensure their super efficient whilst seeking new business and managing existing business
Excellent organisational, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills are necessary
Finding value where others can’t
Our MinRes team is full of big hitters, batting for the underdog, and finding value where others can’t.
Our success relies on the ability of our people to think differently, work smarter, and find hidden efficiencies. It’s how we define innovation and what gives our people the power to grow and scale a project.
Then there’s how we do it. We know how our people get the best out of themselves and checking off a to-do list designed under heavy layers of bureaucracy just isn’t it.
Here you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, or a better workday.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they look after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes, including:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Share scheme
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Generous leave options
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Fixed Plant Operators | Full-time 2/1 roster – Iron ValleyIron Valley 507471 Newman WA Australia Newman, WA, Australia, 6753 Trades & Labour Crushing and Processing
Shipping OfficerOsborne Park 507429 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Administration & Office Support
Drill & Blast SupervisorWodgina 507412 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Wodgina
Electrical SupervisorNammuldi BWT Construction 507440 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Supervisor
Drill & Blast SupervisorWonmunna 507437 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Power Generation Operator MaintainerMiscellaneous 507390 Trades & Labour Energy
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.