WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to help shape company culture and contribute to lasting change.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Civil Designer to join our team in our head office in Applecross (with a scheduled move to Osborne Park in October), to look after the detailed development of 3D models of the MRL operations, focusing primary on earthworks and concrete detail. Interfacing with the Engineering Management team, you will facilitate 3D model development of mine operations infrastructures including process plant sites, accommodation villages, haulage roads, stockyards, railway and power line corridors.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager and directly to the Lead Civil Designer, you will also be responsible for ensuring a high quality standard of drawings and plans and for the efficient execution of designs, completed in line with project schedule dates. Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop earthworks design detail including working out cut to fill quantities
- Ability to provide detailed understanding of scopes to achieve optimal outcomes
- Ability to identify and quantify risks and opportunities relating to the design scopes
- Ability to work closely with key stakeholders to achieve alignment between goals and contract compliance
- Ability to work unsupervised and completing works within required timeframes
Your work becomes more meaningful when it’s part of something bigger than you. It may feel like you’re pushing yourself to the edge of what’s possible, but this is the kind of work that fills you up and highlights the value of your contribution. Your time with MRL is an opportunity to capitalise on the skills and talent that you’ve been cultivating for so long, in an environment where you’ll be given the trust to do so.
Putting you in position to do what you do best?
What you’ll bring to the team
- Qualification in Diploma of Civil Engineering
- 4+ years design experience preferably in large scale mining construction projects is desired
- Ability to use initiatives for continuous improvement
- Proficient with 12D and AutoCAD Civil 3D programs
- Proficient converting LIDAR survey data
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of relevant Australian Standards and Austroads Standards advantageous
- Sound knowledge of drafting standards and processes
Making your mark
At MRL there’s a new energy that comes from our team of passionate employees. They achieve personal goals and contribute to a larger transformation that goes far beyond the bottom line. Our leadership pathway is focused on sharing in the success with other people as they make their own mark on our business and beyond. In the past, you may have worked day and night to get things out the door. Sure, we value effort – but we also want you to step away when you need, to leave work at work, and give your all when you’re clocked in but never at the expense of your health or family.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MRL, including:
• Competitive salary
• Quarterly cash bonuses
• Generous leave options
• Employee discounts and offers
• Physical and mental health programs
• Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Utility505114 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Camps and Hospitality
Intermediate Riggers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505109 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Superintendent505108 Goldfields WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Steel Fixers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505104 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara. South-West WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia. South-West, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Advisor505082 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Environmental Advisor505081 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.