WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Pilbara, WA, Australia
- Full Time
We are excited to announce that our Wodgina Lithium site is returning as an active mining and processing operation. We are preparing for operational readiness and our internal teams are moving to site and Mineral Resources will have the opportunity to add to our capabilities with new people as well.
What makes this an exciting place to be?
Wodgina is a great site and is an eagerly sought after work location within Mineral Resources. The site has a mining history that spans over a century and produced a diverse range of commodities but now has a completely new set of infrastructure built by MRL for its next phase as a lithium project.
Wodgina has a bright future ahead with a long forecast lifespan. This provides job security for our people as they look to build a long term career, and work to achieve their goals & aspirations.
What do we need from you?
First and foremost; a safety first approach to your work. We won’t compromise our production targets or maintenance of equipment if we can’t all go home safely each night. Our family and friends want us to be there to enjoy the benefits of the work we do while we are away from home.
Critical to the success of new projects and operations is to be able to draw upon the experience of the team onsite. We will need people who have been there and done it previously; people who are confident to shape the onsite safety and work culture; and people who are focussed on achieving challenging targets together.
Every day will be different.
About the role
Your primary responsibility will be to deliver comprehensive training packages to the site, as well as providing support into the development and continuous review of our MRL Training Systems. This role will be based in the Goldfield and Pilbara regions on a 8/6 FIFO roster
With previous experience working in a remote training role coupled with keen interest in promoting safety, you will be well-versed in current training methodologies, and be able to bring with you a wealth of experience to complement your Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE 40116). You will also have the ability to engage and liaise with all levels of staff and management across a variety of departments and divisions will be pivotal to your success in this role
- Train and assess MRL personnel in the safe and efficient operation of Surface Mobile Equipment
- Identify opportunities to upskill SME Operators through ongoing analysis, and develop and promote production increase initiatives
- Deliver nationally recognised training packages
- Review all plant and equipment programs to ensure they are up to date, and meet current standards of operation
- Proactively engage work groups across a variety of divisions, to continuously upskill and train and development
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
- Mentoring peers and colleagues to enhance skills and capabilities of the broader team
- Demonstrated experience working in a training and assessing role, within a busy, remote mining environment is crucial
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40116)
- Requirement to hold any or all of the following National Competencies in the operation of Surface Mobile Equipment Training Packages (RII):
- RIIMPO310E Conduct Grader Operations
- RIIMPO301D Conduct Hydraulic Excavator Operations
- RIIMPO308E Conduct Track Dozer Operations
- RIIMPO338D Conduct Rigid Haul Truck Operations
- RIIMPO304D Conduct Wheel Loader Operations
- RIIMPO318F Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy with experience in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarisation working with Training Management Systems and the associated tools
- Desirable Qualifications and experience in; Working at Heights, Confined Space, Gas Test Atmosphere, Integrated Tool Carrier, EWP, Cranes, Forklift
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.