WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MinRes), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to help shape company culture and contribute to lasting change.
About the role
The Electrical Designer is responsible for the design and production of electrical design drawings for the Projects to ensure that they achieve the design outcomes appropriate to the quality, budget and program required.
- Work closely with lead engineers to ensure all deliverables are produced in accordance with the project expectations and safety in design requirements
- Proficiently produce design drawings autonomously with limited guidance from the lead engineer in a timely manner using AutoCAD software
- Attention to detail is to be of a high standard with pride taken to produce accurate detailed designs
- Ensure all electrical design drawings for engineering project work comply with statutory and regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures
- Reference Australian standards when producing detailed drawings
- Design and drawing interface to vendor packages, including interface checking to manufacturer data.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed drawings for engineering projects and ensure project work complies with conditions and parameters set out in project scope of works
- End to end design; from initial concept drawings to completing as built
- Ensure electrical design drawings are completed on time and within budget
- Liaise with Engineers to establish design criteria and ensuring project goals are met
- Contribute to electrical design reviews
Putting you in position to do what you do best?
What you’ll bring to the team
- Relevant qualification in Drafting
- AutoCAD certification or similar drafting software.
- Knowledge of CAD design packages.
- Knowledge and application of current design and detail drafting standards, specifications and codes.
Making your mark
At MinRes there’s a new energy that comes from our team of passionate employees. They achieve personal goals and contribute to a larger transformation that goes far beyond the bottom line. Our leadership pathway is focused on sharing in the success with other people as they make their own mark on our business and beyond. In the past, you may have worked day and night to get things out the door. Sure, we value effort – but we also want you to step away when you need, to leave work at work, and give your all when you’re clocked in but never at the expense of your health or family.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing
• Competitive salary
• Quarterly cash bonuses
• Employee discounts and offers
• Physical and mental health programs
• MinRes share plan
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.