WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to support the Energy Division in supplying up to date energy usage and greenhouse gas emissions data for regulatory and sustainability reporting, in addition to providing the business with detailed and realiable analysis for future energy demand, emissions and costs to support business decisions relating to energy use.
In this position you’ll:
- Collate on a monthly basis MRL’s greenhouse gas emissions data and populate data table included in the monthly board report
- Provide data and source documents to external auditors and consultants to ensure annual regulatory and sustainability reporting requirements are met. This includes MRL’s Sustainability Report, MRL’s Annual Report, National Greenhouse and Energy Report (NGER) and Safeguard.
- Assist to maintain and develop financial models that are used to forecast energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions across MRL’s current and future projects
- Analyse emissions data and forecasts and draw conclusions or make predictions to support MRL’s Energy Roadmap and decarbonisation targets. Use strong communication skills to present outcomes and recommendations
- Support the energy team to identify and evaluate opportunities across the Energy team’s downstream, midstream and upstream operations. This would include conducting market analysis, due diligence, discounted cashflow valuations, sensitivity modelling and preparing presentations for senior management.
- Assist with the development of business cases for new capital expenditure projects and energy contracts (eg gas, LNG, solar, electricity).
Tracking these achievements gives you runs on the board and a clear path towards your next challenge or project. At MRL, we want you to celebrate your wins and see the next step clearly.
Giving you the freedom to reimagine how things work? MRL would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting/ finance/ investment banking or an analyst role within industry. Natural resources and or greenhouse gas/sustainability experience beneficial
- Tertiary level education in accounting/finance/commerce preferable
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong financial modelling skills
Finding value where others can’t
Our MRL team is full of big hitters, batting for the underdog, and finding value where others can’t.
Our success relies on the ability of our people to think differently, work smarter, and find hidden efficiencies. It’s how we define innovation and what gives our people the power to grow and scale a project.
Then there’s how we do it. We know how our people get the best out of themselves and checking off a to-do list designed under heavy layers of bureaucracy just isn’t it.
Here you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, or a better workday.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they look after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MRL, including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Employee discounts and offers
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Utility505114 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Camps and Hospitality
Intermediate Riggers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505109 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Superintendent505108 Goldfields WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Steel Fixers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505104 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara. South-West WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia. South-West, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Advisor505082 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Environmental Advisor505081 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.