WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Environmental Advisor - Approvals
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to help shape company culture and contribute to lasting change.
About the role
To support our growing business needs and requirements, a newly created role has arisen for an experienced Environmental Advisor - Approvals to join our Applecross based team, with a move to a brand new office in Osborne Park in 2022. This role will also require occasional site travel as required.
Reporting to the Principal Environment - Projects, your primary responsibility will be to provide comprehensive support and guidance for the delivery of environmental approvals (EPBC, EP Act Part IV and V and Mining Act) across our WA based Greenfield projects.
With demonstrated knowledge in current State and Federal environmental legislation, you will play an instrumental part in identifying and leading the process for gaining environmental approvals for our projects, in advance of required timeframes.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary and cohesive team to successfully deliver all required environmental approvals to support our operational projects
- Maintain current knowledge of operational plans sufficient to identify and lead the process of gaining environmental approvals for sites in advance of the required timeframes
- Manage plans and timelines to ensure project deadlines are met and stakeholders are kept informed on progress
- Commission studies required to gain necessary licences and approvals
- Preparation and submission of regulatory documents
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure all approvals are sought in advance
- Provide support and timely advice to site personnel regarding relevant environmental legislation, permitting requirements and operational management.
Your work becomes more meaningful when it’s part of something bigger than you. It may feel like you’re pushing yourself to the edge of what’s possible, but this is the kind of work that fills you up and highlights the value of your contribution. Your time with MRL is an opportunity to capitalise on the skills and talent that you’ve been cultivating for so long, in an environment where you’ll be given the trust to do so.
Putting you in position to do what you do best?
What you’ll bring to the team
- 3-4 years’ experience in an environmental role within the resources industry or an associated government department, with key focus on environmental approvals
- Strong understanding of the environmental approvals process and legislative requirements for WA. In particular, Mining Act and EP Act (Part V)
- Demonstrated delivery of environmental approvals experience, with specific focus on Mining Act and EP Act Part V approvals within WA
- Strong understanding of WA Statutory Requirements
- High competency in Microsoft software applications, with exposure to ArcGIS highly desirable
- Experience in undertaking environmental audits, with formal audit qualifications highly desirable
Making your mark
At MRL there’s a new energy that comes from our team of passionate employees. They achieve personal goals and contribute to a larger transformation that goes far beyond the bottom line. Our leadership pathway is focused on sharing in the success with other people as they make their own mark on our business and beyond. In the past, you may have worked day and night to get things out the door. Sure, we value effort – but we also want you to step away when you need, to leave work at work, and give your all when you’re clocked in but never at the expense of your health or family.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Generous leave options
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Utility505114 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Camps and Hospitality
Intermediate Riggers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505109 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Superintendent505108 Goldfields WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Steel Fixers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505104 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara. South-West WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia. South-West, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Advisor505082 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Environmental Advisor505081 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.