WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Environmental Advisor - Exploration
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
To support our growing business needs and requirements, a role has arisen for an experienced Exploration Environmental Advisor to join the team. The Exploration Environmental Advisor will provide technical advice and support to the business related to environmental management, PoW approvals, technical studies, EMS implementation and legal compliance.
The role will play a critical role in ensuring timely PoW approvals, compliance, rehabilitation and closeout to support MRL’s exploration program.
- Support the Exploration Team to implement and fulfil the requirements of the MRL Environmental Management System, including:
- Maintaining Legal and Obligations Registers relevant to the Exploration Portfolio.
- Supporting/facilitating environmental training, inspection, audit, incident investigation and mentoring.
- Facilitation of the Site Disturbance Permit system, including SDP review and sign off, disturbance data tracking and reporting.
- Facilitate the PoW process from pre-application, application, site works, rehabilitation and closeout.
- Maintain the PoW Register and associated documentation to ensure accurate and reliable documentation and record keeping.
- Coordinate contractors undertaking rehabilitation works.
- Assist in the development of business environmental standards and procedures
- Support the functional team by providing information and guidance on environmental aspects at an operational level.
We’re creating opportunities for you to own projects and deliver results. From start through to completion, your fingerprints will be there.
Because here you don’t get lost in layers of people; you step up to make your mark and can easily see your contribution.
At MRL, you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, a better workday.
Supporting you to work the way that works for you? MRL would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Geoscience or Engineering
- Minimum 5+ years of experience environmental advisor role in mining or exploration.
- Project management and/or contractor management experience.
- Strong experience in EMS implementation including auditing, inspections, training etc.
- Working knowledge of Environmental Legislation and approvals relevant to the Mining Industry.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
Flexibility and job security
They’re two things MRL employees value and, when we say job security, it’s not just about staying somewhere safe that no longer serves you.
Here, job security means working to your strengths, being challenged on each project, and achieving meaningful results that inspire you to choose to stay long-term.
“That’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t exist here, because the value you bring to MRL will shape your role – and your contribution to our company.
It’s the kind of flexibility that extends to opportunities to co-create your preferred work environment.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MRL, including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Generous leave options
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Utility505114 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Camps and Hospitality
Intermediate Riggers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505109 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Superintendent505108 Goldfields WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Steel Fixers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505104 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara. South-West WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia. South-West, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Advisor505082 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Environmental Advisor505081 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.