WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Pilbara, WA, Australia
- Full Time
WA is a state (and an economy) built on mining.
At Mineral Resources (MRL), we are focused on growing this success by delivering industry leading projects that benefit our people, our shareholders and the community. With growth comes new career opportunities as part of our MRL family – be it kick starting your journey in mining, taking on your next challenge or stepping up to help lead the way forward. Sure, MRL has come a long way – but we’re really just getting started.
About the role
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure compliance to the Company’s statutory Environmental obligations and liaise closely with key stakeholders to ensure that their environmental roles & responsibilities are known, and are being carried out to the best of their abilities.
You'll play a pivotal role in driving cultural change within the workplace to ensure all personnel understand individual and company responsibilities with respect to environmental management. You will manage and coordinate ongoing development and improvement of the site environmental management system.
What we’re after
- Ensure the necessary processes are in place to manage ongoing compliance with all statutory, regulatory and licensing site requirements, including relevant reporting obligations
- Interpret legislation, government standards and agreements and provide informed commentary, improvement opportunities and risk management strategies
- Ensure the provision of all necessary information to support the grant of all necessary environmental approvals in accordance with the Project’s Life of Mine requirements
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and have an active involvement in external audits, as required
- Lead with any environmental incident investigation and follow up corrective actions with the respective area managers
- Liaise with MRL Heritage Team regarding compliance with the MRL Indigenous Engagement Policy and relevant legislation in regards to matters of the environment or conservation of cultural heritage
- Maintain and foster a working environment, which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What you’ll bring to the team
- A tertiary qualification within Environmental Science or similar discipline
- Experience in a similar role within a mining or large construction operation
- Familiarity with applicable environmental legislation and associated processes
- Strong computer skills - exposure to ArcGIS highly desirable
- Experience with groundwater quality monitoring including instrumentation and reporting
- Ability to communicate, educate and provide environmental guidance to all levels of staff and management on site
- The attitude of a leader in coordinating environmental activities across workgroups.
- Experience with environmental management systems, and annual compliance reporting.
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse background
EOI - CSI Construction - Pipefitter505517 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Dozer Operators505676 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Mining Operators
Field Services SupervisorKwinana Workshop 505509 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Crushing and Processing, Supervisor
Senior Network EngineerApplecross 505611 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Information Technology
Safety AdvisorKemerton 505654 South-West WA Australia South-West, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Plumbing SupervisorKen's Bore 505617 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Plumber, Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.