WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Full Time
WA is a state (and an economy) built on mining.
At Mineral Resources (MinRes), we are focused on growing our success by delivering industry leading projects that benefit our people, our shareholders and the community. With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
MinRes has come a long way – but we’re really just getting started.
We are currently in an incredible growth phase with no threat of slowing down.
Some Key Business Topics Making Headlines
- Re launch of the Wodgina Lithium operations
- Onslow iron kick off
- Completion of our game changing corporate offices in Osbourne Park (they must be seen to believe)
- Incredibly generous referral and share bonus schemes
About the role
Due to our highly publicised growth we are looking for Environmental Advisors at both our Yilgarn and Mt Marion Sites iron ore and lithium sites.
Reporting to onsite Leadership, your primary responsibility will be to ensure compliance to the Company’s statutory Environmental obligations and liaise closely with key stakeholders to ensure that their environmental roles & responsibilities are known, and are being carried out to the best of their abilities.
You will play a pivotal role in driving cultural change within the workplace to ensure all personnel understand individual and company responsibilities with respect to environmental management. You will manage and coordinate ongoing development and improvement of the site environmental management system.
What we’re after
- Ensure the necessary processes are in place to ensure ongoing compliance with all statutory, regulatory and licensing site requirements, including relevant reporting obligations
- Provide professional, timely environmental advice to operations personnel, as required.
- Interpret legislation, government standards and agreements and provide informed commentary, improvement opportunities and risk management strategies.
- Ensure the provision of all necessary information to support the grant of all necessary environmental approvals in accordance with the Project’s Life of Mine requirements.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies and have an active involvement in external audits, as required.
- Lead with any environmental incident investigation and follow up corrective actions with the respective area manager.
- Confidence in public speaking and leading education and workshop sessions.
- Manage external stakeholders and provision of scientific advice with respect to environmental aspects of the Project.
- Coordinate the collection, preservation and dispatch of samples for environmental monitoring.
- Liaise with MRL Heritage Team regarding compliance with the MRL Indigenous Engagement Policy and relevant legislation in regards to matters of the environment or conservation of cultural heritage
- Maintain and foster a working environment, which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What you’ll bring to the team
- A tertiary qualification within Environmental Science or similar discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role within a mining or large construction operation.
- Experience in lodging 2020 Guideline Mining Proposals.
- Familiarity with applicable environmental legislation and associated processes.
- Strong computer skills, with exposure to ArcGIS or similar mapping software highly desirable.
- Experience with groundwater quality monitoring including instrumentation and reporting.
- Ability to communicate, educate and provide environmental guidance to all levels of staff and management on site.
- The attitude of a leader in coordinating environmental activities across workgroups.
- Extensive experience with environmental management systems, and annual compliance reporting.
Why would I want to be part of The Mineral Resources Technical Service Team?
- New projects kicking off
- Fast paced supportive work environment – opportunity to influence change
- We move very fast here; leaders are able to manage and implement decisions very quickly at MinRes
- We love promoting within and mentoring anyone from a Pit Technician to a Mining Engineer into senior leadership qualities
- Family friendly rosters
- Food and camp quality is second to none
- The most unbelievable corporate office space that all employees have access to, this includes the gym and restaurant facilities
Key Benefits Explained
- Site allowances ranging from 10-25% depending on rosters
- 10% retention bonus paid quarterly on top of base and site uplift
- $3,000 referral bonus - this is available for all MinRes employees regardless of the tenor in the business, you simply refer them to recruitment and we do the rest
- Share bonus scheme – each share you purchase the business matches
Sounds great – how do I apply?
You can apply via our careers portal, or directly from Seek. If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Drill & Blast SupervisorWodgina 507412 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Wodgina
Electrical SupervisorNammuldi BWT Construction 507440 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Supervisor
Drill & Blast SupervisorWonmunna 507437 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Power Generation Operator MaintainerMiscellaneous 507390 Trades & Labour Energy
Training AdministratorOsborne Park 507304 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Administration & Office Support
Safety AdvisorOnslow Port 507381 Professional & Technical Construction, Health & Safety
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.