WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Field Operations Supervisor - Heritage
- Pilbara, WA, Australia
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
As the Field Operations Supervisor (Heritage), you will manage MRL’s on ground heritage (and environmental) survey programmes and will ensure timely and effective completion of heritage surveys, management Aboriginal site delineation and oversight over Heritage field activities across MRL’s project areas throughout WA.
The role will support the Heritage Compliance program, including management of heritage site delineation, field inspections of Aboriginal Sites, and direct input into the development and implementation of MRL’s heritage management system. This key role will actively implement relevant components of MRL’s Community Relations Strategy.
- Provide efficient support to ensure MRL achieve business objectives Plan and conduct Aboriginal Heritage surveys across specific tenements including engagement with local groups
- Develop and implement safe working practices for all heritage and environmental field activities
- Develop and implement a robust reporting procedure to ensure the Principal is provided updates on the status and progress of field activities
- Manage heritage and environmental survey field logistics
- Manage on ground surveys including traditional owners, anthropologists and ethnologists
- Manage on ground environmental surveys (as required)
- Coordinate and monitor SDP heritage approval conditions
- Coordinate heritage site boundary delineation program
- Coordinate mitigation measures for ground disturbing activities to ensure heritage sites are not adversely impacted
We’re creating opportunities for you to own projects and deliver results. From start through to completion, your fingerprints will be there. Because here you don’t get lost in layers of people; you step up to make your mark and can easily see your contribution.
At MRL, you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, a better workday.
Supporting you to work the way that works for you? MRL would.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Demonstrated field experience managing Heritage Field operations across broad project areas
- Excellent stakeholder management skills including extensive Traditional Owner engagement
- Significant previous Heritage Field Supervisor experience
- Knowledge of, and experience in applying conditions relating to the Aboriginal Heritage Act and Native Title Act in WA
- Good GIS skills including use of handheld GPS devices
Flexibility and job security
They’re two things MRL employees value and, when we say job security, it’s not just about staying somewhere safe that no longer serves you.
Here, job security means working to your strengths, being challenged on each project, and achieving meaningful results that inspire you to choose to stay long-term.
“That’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t exist here, because the value you bring to MRL will shape your role – and your contribution to our company.
It’s the kind of flexibility that extends to opportunities to co-create your preferred work environment.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MRL, including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Utility505114 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Camps and Hospitality
Intermediate Riggers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505109 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Superintendent505108 Goldfields WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Steel Fixers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505104 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara. South-West WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia. South-West, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Advisor505082 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Environmental Advisor505081 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.