WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Field Operations Supervisor
- Pilbara, WA, Australia
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to help shape company culture and contribute to lasting change.
About the role
We are now accepting applications for an experienced Field Operations Supervisor, based at one of MRLs major exploration projects, some Perth based activities will be required on an as needs basis. This will be a hands-on position supervising field operations to support MRL’s exploration activities. As a key team member, you will play a lead role in managing both external and internal parties to achieve the company's goals in identifying and evaluating new deposits and developing current known deposits.
- Hold S44 accountability for the site
- Ensure statutory reporting for all safety compliance
- Supervise all field activities and camps, together with the implementation of safety systems and safe systems of work for field programmes
- Supervise and coach heritage, environmental, geophysical or other contractors as required
- Ensuring samples are representatively collected, recorded and dispatched in a manner facilitating easy tracking and management
- Thoroughly investigate and report on all incidents
- Ensure incident reporting to the company and DMIRS requirements
- Plan and facilitate the smooth setup, running and demobilisation of remote field camp and associated activities
- Run group risk assessments, site specific inductions, prestarts and return to work meetings
Your work becomes more meaningful when it’s part of something bigger than you. It may feel like you’re pushing yourself to the edge of what’s possible, but this is the kind of work that fills you up and highlights the value of your contribution. Your time with MRL is an opportunity to capitalise on the skills and talent that you’ve been cultivating for so long, in an environment where you’ll be given the trust to do so.
Putting you in position to do what you do best?
What you’ll bring to the team
- 8+ years experience in the mining and exploration industry
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent time management and work planning skills
- Fully experience in the use of the Microsoft suite, (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Skilled in safety management, incident investigation and reporting
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proven experience in managing remote exploration works or mining activities
Making your mark
At MRL there’s a new energy that comes from our team of passionate employees. They achieve personal goals and contribute to a larger transformation that goes far beyond the bottom line. Our leadership pathway is focused on sharing in the success with other people as they make their own mark on our business and beyond. In the past, you may have worked day and night to get things out the door. Sure, we value effort – but we also want you to step away when you need, to leave work at work, and give your all when you’re clocked in but never at the expense of your health or family.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Generous leave options
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Utility505114 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Camps and Hospitality
Intermediate Riggers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505109 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Superintendent505108 Goldfields WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Steel Fixers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505104 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara. South-West WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia. South-West, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Advisor505082 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Environmental Advisor505081 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.