WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Geology Modelling Specialist
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA is a state (and an economy) built on mining.
At Mineral Resources (MinRes), we are focused on growing our success by delivering industry leading projects that benefit our people, our shareholders and the community. With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
MinRes has come a long way – but we’re really just getting started.
About the Role
To support our exceptional growth for our exploration activities, we have implemented a new position, where you will be an integral member joining our Exploration and Geology division. The primary responsibility is to provide technical expertise and cost-effective operational control of MinRes Geology Modelling component by streamlining work flows to ensure all work is carried out in a structured, agreed and timely manner. You will provide support to develop, coach and mentor key personnel to continuously improve their technical knowledge and skills in the geology modelling and wireframing function.
In this position you’ll:
- Providing effective fact and interpretative geology domains and wireframes
- Providing assay quality assurance and control
- Providing geological mapping and modelling systems solutions to improve the quality of wireframes
- Ensuring database quality control through a peer review process
- Ensuring effective diamond and RC drill hole planning audits/reviews
- Identifying other geological improvement opportunities by working with MinRes geologists to realise benefits
- Collaborate with Exploration & Resource Development, Orebody Knowledge and Operational Geology teams on developing geological models
- Develop strong working relationship with Site Geology Leads, Exploration & Resource Development and Orebody Knowledge teams
We’re creating opportunities for you to own projects and deliver results. From start through to completion, your fingerprints will be there.
Because here you don’t get lost in layers of people; you step up to make your mark and can easily see your contribution.
At MinRes, you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, a better workday.
Supporting you to work the way that works for you? MinRes would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary level education in Geology or Economic Geology
- 10+ years Metalliferous Geology experience at a Senior or Specialist level
- Strong 3D modelling capabilities using Leapfrog and Micromine/Vulcan/Surpac
- Good understanding of structurally complex geology mineralisation systems
- Strong understanding of QAQC principles and practises
- Skilled user of acQuire database
- Good interpersonal skills
- Well-developed communication skills– both oral and written
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Meet deadlines and manage priorities to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Lithium base metals experience
- Iron Ore Experience
Flexibility and job security
MinRes employee’s value job security. Here, job security means working to your strengths, being challenged on each project, and achieving meaningful results that inspire you to choose to stay long-term.
“That’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t exist here, because the value you bring to MinRes will shape your role – and your contribution to our company.
It’s the kind of flexibility that extends to opportunities to co-create your preferred work environment.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes, including.
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonuses
- Access to "MyShare" MinRes Share Plan
- Employee discounts and offers
- Salary packaging
- Physical and mental health programs
- State of the art corporate facilities featuring onsite gym, crèche and restaurant
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.