WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MinRes), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
As key member of the project services team, you will be responsible for the provision of strategic advice in Heritage and Native Title matters. Additionally, the design, management, implementation, coordination and completion of field surveys and all associated tasks for remote area Archaeological and Ethnographic areas.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of fit for purpose systems and processes in a rapidly growing business.
In this position you’ll:
- Provide strategic advice in Heritage and Native Title matters relating to MinRes activities based on a superior knowledge of, and applying conditions relating to the Aboriginal Heritage Act and Native Title Act in WA. Including: Section 16 excavation coordination, Section 18 salvage coordination and Regulation 10 coordination.
- Plan and develop various in-field activities relating to Archaeological and Ethnographic Heritage clearances
- Conduct Aboriginal Heritage surveys across specific tenements
- Deliver clear demarcation of recognised Aboriginal Heritage sites, and associated reporting requirements
- Provide direct support and engagement to Aboriginal communities, and build mutually agreeable relationships with Traditional Land Owners as identified and directed
- Manage Cultural Heritage artefacts and activities as required
- Be the designated MinRes field based Helicopter Passenger Control Officer where required
- Plan field surveys and engage with local groups
We’re creating opportunities for you to own projects and deliver results. From start through to completion, your fingerprints will be there.
Because here you don’t get lost in layers of people; you step up to make your mark and can easily see your contribution.
At MinRes, you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, a better workday.
Supporting you to work the way that works for you? MinRes would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in Archaeology, Legal or similar
- Experience working with Traditional Land Owners and a comprehensive understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Previous experience in a field survey role or similar
- Superior knowledge of, and experience in applying conditions relating to the Aboriginal Heritage Act and Native Title Act in WA
- Reliable, energetic and a problem solving mindset
- Demonstrated organisational skills in complex environments
Flexibility and job security
They’re two things MinRes employees value and, when we say job security, it’s not just about staying somewhere safe that no longer serves you.
Here, job security means working to your strengths, being challenged on each project, and achieving meaningful results that inspire you to choose to stay long-term.
“That’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t exist here, because the value you bring to MinRes will shape your role – and your contribution to our company.
It’s the kind of flexibility that extends to opportunities to co-create your preferred work environment.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes, including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- MinRes Share Plan
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.