WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Land Access Officer
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to help shape company culture and contribute to lasting change.
About the role
Mineral Resources are currently looking for an experienced Land Access Officer to join our Project Services Team. The role will play an integral part in the delivery of the land access requirements of the business, including managing compliance with the Company’s contractual obligations insofar as relevant to mining tenure and land access and assisting in the negotiation of new land access contracts.
- Assist in negotiation of land access, heritage and native title agreements including conferring with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and maintain a comprehensive database of contractual obligations under existing agreements entered into by the Company in respect of mining tenure and land access
- Monitor and ensure compliance with the obligations register
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in respect of contractual arrangements
- Maintain register of land access authorisations and manage requests for access to mining tenure (where no separate tenure granted)
- Ad hoc land access advice and due diligence
Your work becomes more meaningful when it’s part of something bigger than you. It may feel like you’re pushing yourself to the edge of what’s possible, but this is the kind of work that fills you up and highlights the value of your contribution. Your time with MRL is an opportunity to capitalise on the skills and talent that you’ve been cultivating for so long, in an environment where you’ll be given the trust to do so.
Putting you in position to do what you do best? MRL would.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualification in Law or similar
- Experience in drafting of agreements and/or contract management
- Good knowledge of the Mining Act & Regulations, Aboriginal Heritage Act and Native Title Act preferred but not critical
- Excellent organisational and document management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
Making your mark
At MRL there’s a new energy that comes from our team of passionate employees. They achieve personal goals and contribute to a larger transformation that goes far beyond the bottom line. Our leadership pathway is focused on sharing in the success with other people as they make their own mark on our business and beyond. In the past, you may have worked day and night to get things out the door. Sure, we value effort – but we also want you to step away when you need, to leave work at work, and give your all when you’re clocked in but never at the expense of your health or family.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MRL, including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Generous leave options
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
EOI - CSI Construction - Pipefitter505517 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Dozer Operators505676 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Mining Operators
Field Services SupervisorKwinana Workshop 505509 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Crushing and Processing, Supervisor
Senior Network EngineerApplecross 505611 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Information Technology
Safety AdvisorKemerton 505654 South-West WA Australia South-West, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Plumbing SupervisorKen's Bore 505617 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Plumber, Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.