WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Manager Orebody Knowledge & Operational Support
- Full Time
WA is a state (and an economy) built on mining.
At Mineral Resources (MinRes), we are focused on growing our success by delivering industry leading projects that benefit our people, our shareholders and the community. With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
MinRes has come a long way – but we’re really just getting started.
About the Role
To support our exceptional growth for our exploration activities, we have implemented a new position, where you will be an integral member joining our Exploration and Geology division. The primary responsibility is to manage the delivery and integrity of the orebody models that underpin the operational sites and studies to ensure risk and variability is both quantitatively assessed, and communicated with appropriate risk mitigation steps, together with assessing opportunity capture strategies to ensure delivery of operational and investment plans
In this position you’ll:
- Implement and review risk categorisation of the orebody model estimates to ensure appropriate understanding of risk, opportunity, and variability for each deposit to inform business decisions.
- Manage the review and modification of site orebody models based on performance through the reconciliation data or independent review process to ensure the delivery within the expected variability range.
- Implement and maintain systems for site grade control reviews to ensure grade control estimates are in line with locally changing ore deposit characteristics.
- Evaluate near mine exploration growth opportunities in conjunction with the Exploration teams to ensure value capture is aligned with both site and corporate strategies and orebody delivery targets.
- Ensure orebody knowledge team capability is at required level for deposit type and support processes required and appropriate training and mentoring in place to address identified gaps in corporate and site geology teams.
- Develop strong working relationship with Site Geology Leads, Exploration & Resource Development and Orebody Knowledge teams
- Identifying other orebody knowledge improvement opportunities and working with MinRes geologists to realise benefits
- Ensure that all work is delivered on time and budget, whilst maintaining suitably detailed orebody model schedules & delivery requirements
We’re creating opportunities for you to own projects and deliver results. From start through to completion, your fingerprints will be there.
Because here you don’t get lost in layers of people; you step up to make your mark and can easily see your contribution.
At MinRes, you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, a better workday.
Supporting you to work the way that works for you? MinRes would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary level education in Geology or Economic Geology
- 15+ years Metalliferous Geology experience in Open Pit operating environments
- Good understanding of orebody knowledge practices and principles
- Strong understanding of QAQC principles and practices
- Good understanding of the orebody value chain from Exploration to Port
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
- Well-developed communication skills– both oral and written
- Ability to coach, mentor, and drive team-based decision-making outputs
- Meet deadlines and manage priorities to meet deadlines
- Lithium base metals experience
- Iron Ore Experience
- Underground Experience
Flexibility and job security
MinRes employee’s value job security. Here, job security means working to your strengths, being challenged on each project, and achieving meaningful results that inspire you to choose to stay long-term.
“That’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t exist here, because the value you bring to MinRes will shape your role – and your contribution to our company.
It’s the kind of flexibility that extends to opportunities to co-create your preferred work environment.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes, including.
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonuses
- Access to "MyShare" MinRes Share Plan
- Employee discounts and offers
- Salary packaging
- Physical and mental health programs
- State of the art corporate facilities featuring onsite gym, crèche and restaurant
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Fixed Plant Operators | Full-time 2/1 roster – Iron ValleyIron Valley 507471 Newman WA Australia Newman, WA, Australia, 6753 Trades & Labour Crushing and Processing
Shipping OfficerOsborne Park 507429 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Administration & Office Support
Drill & Blast SupervisorWodgina 507412 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Wodgina
Electrical SupervisorNammuldi BWT Construction 507440 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Supervisor
Drill & Blast SupervisorWonmunna 507437 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Power Generation Operator MaintainerMiscellaneous 507390 Trades & Labour Energy
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.