WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Medic / Emergency Services Officer
- Pilbara, WA, Australia
- Fixed Term - Project
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MinRes), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Medic / Emergency Services Officer to join our construction team on a 2:1 roster.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, you will play an integral role providing comprehensive safety, medical and emergency response services, whilst supporting other activities across the construction operations on a day to day basis. You will advance our Safety culture through personal engagement and promotion of safety as a personal value.
In this position you’ll:
- Provide informed direction and guidance to the Project Leadership Team in the prevention and treatment of injury and illness.
- Using professional judgement deliver sensible, practical and informed clinical decisions in the best interests of patients and the business.
- Attend to patients using the full range of pre-hospital emergency care options available, appropriately extending skills when required
- Administer, control and maintain site medications in accordance with MinRes poisons permits & regulatory requirements
- Maintain the stock levels of medical equipment and ensure that all equipment is safe, clean and in good working order at all times.
- Conduct ERT and First Aid Training to site staff
- Conduct on-site drug and alcohol testing
- Comply with and promote site Health and Safety with reference to standards, practices, goals and procedures
- Develop, implement and facilitate all required training services as requested
- Maintain and foster a working environment which promotes safety in all that we do
We’re creating opportunities for you to own projects and deliver results. From start through to completion, your fingerprints will be there.
Because here you don’t get lost in layers of people; you step up to make your mark and can easily see your contribution.
At MinRes, you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, a better workday.
Supporting you to work the way that works for you? MinRes would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Have previous Emergency Services Officer experience on a construction project
- Certificate IV in Health (Ambulance) essential
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue essential
- Qualified Drug Screening Officer
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment and Occupational Health and safety will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, lateral thinking and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with an ability to impart knowledge, coach and mentor others
Flexibility and job security
They’re two things MinRes employees value and, when we say job security, it’s not just about staying somewhere safe that no longer serves you.
Here, job security means working to your strengths, being challenged on each project, and achieving meaningful results that inspire you to choose to stay long-term.
“That’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t exist here, because the value you bring to MinRes will shape your role – and your contribution to our company.
It’s the kind of flexibility that extends to opportunities to co-create your preferred work environment.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes, including:
• Competitive salary
• Quarterly cash bonuses
• Access to "MyShare" Min Res share plan
• Employee discounts and offers
• Physical and mental health programs
• Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.