WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Pilbara, WA, Australia
- Full Time
WA’s state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MinRes), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
To support our continued growth in 2022, we are seeking experienced Metallurgists to Join our Wodgina team on an 8/6 roster.
Reporting to Senior Metallurgist, primary responsibility will be to support plant activities including day to day process troubleshooting and optimisation, delivering test work and to provide technical metallurgical support to operations team.
- Maintain and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
- Responsible for metallurgical performance of the processing plant on a day to day basis by providing technical support to the operation team and updating operating strategies/parameter
- Responsible for generating daily and weekly production report and comment on performance variance from budget/forecast.
- Analysing inefficiencies and identifying bottlenecks through operational data.
- Provide technical reports on plant performance and improvement projects with statistical analysis used where possible to validate the results
- Conduct equipment inspection during shutdowns/available opportunities or when required
- Develop and manage test work programs. Prepare analysis and report on test work results.
- Participate in the identification and development of metallurgical improvement projects
What you’ll bring to the team
- A degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or other relevant discipline with 2+ years’ post graduate experience
- Experience within the resources industry, exposure working in lithium will be highly regarded
- Excellent data analysis and problem-solving skills
- A focus on effective safety and environmental practices
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Effective communication both written and verbal
- Ability to establish positive working relationship with contractors
- Displays commitment to high standards of work.
- Displays a “can do attitude” and has a flexible approach to work to assist in meeting the goals of the company and the role itself.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes, including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonuses
- Access to "MyShare" MinRes Share Plan
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.