WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Mine Planning Engineer
- Full Time
As an ASX 100 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services, mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
We are currently looking for a self-motivated Mine Planning Engineer responsible for mine optimisation, design, tactical mine planning and scheduling for MRL mining operations. Reporting to the Principal Mine Planning Engineer, your primary purpose will be to create value by:
- independently delivering quality mine plans and designs
- pursuing options founded through your natural curiosity;
- ensuring your plans and designs are executed via the many relationships you will build.
With this role to be imminently based in our new state of the art Walters Drive Office in Osborne Park, you will have the opportunity to work across both Lithium and Iron Ore commodities with involvement in projects at all stages from pre-feasibility, to operational readiness and approvals, to operating sites and into closure and rehabilitation.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- Producing, reviewing and communicating operating schedules, plans and designs
- Undertaking scenario and project analysis to support plan development and contribute to understanding and management of site value drivers
- Supporting the delivery and compilation of annual Budget Mine Plans
- Analysing and communicating fleet requirements
- Liaising with the site mining team and technical services team to ensure production and quality conforms with overall plan and strategy
- Implementing and developing continuous improvement initiatives to improve performance and efficiencies
- Supporting the Senior and Principle Mine Planning Engineers
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in mine design, planning and scheduling in a mining environment
- Experienced with mine planning and design software packages (Surpac and Alastri Products experience highly regarded)
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Has operational work experience to meet the WA Unrestricted Quarries Managers Certificate requirements
- Demonstrated working knowledge of mine safety procedures and regulations
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Drill & Blast SupervisorWodgina 507412 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Wodgina
Electrical SupervisorNammuldi BWT Construction 507440 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Supervisor
Drill & Blast SupervisorWonmunna 507437 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Power Generation Operator MaintainerMiscellaneous 507390 Trades & Labour Energy
Training AdministratorOsborne Park 507304 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Administration & Office Support
Safety AdvisorOnslow Port 507381 Professional & Technical Construction, Health & Safety
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.