WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Mining Manager - Wodgina
- Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721
- Full Time
We are excited to announce that our Wodgina Lithium site is returning as an active mining and processing operation. We are preparing for operational readiness and our internal teams are moving to site and Mineral Resources will have the opportunity to add to our capabilities with new people as well.
What makes this an exciting place to be?
Wodgina is a great site and is an eagerly sought after work location within Mineral Resources. The majority of equipment that we use is brand new or near new; that provides better uptime and is a great starting place for our operators and maintainers to work from.
Wodgina has a bright future ahead with a long forecast lifespan. This provides job security for our people as they look to build a long term career, and work to achieve their goals & aspirations.
What do you need from me?
First and foremost; a safety first approach to your work. We won’t compromise our production targets or maintenance of equipment if we can’t all go home safely each night. Our family and friends want us to be there to enjoy the benefits of the work we do while we are away from home.
Critical to the success of new projects and operations is to be able to draw upon the experience of the team onsite. We will need people who have been there and done it previously; people who are confident to shape the onsite safety and work culture; and people who are focussed on achieving challenging targets together.
Every day will be different.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager, your primary responsibility is to lead both the mining operations and oversee our Technical Services teams. It is critical to the success of you in this role that you have a background that covers both aspects;
- Manage, support & guidance of Technical Services onsite (Engineering, D&B, Geo, Surveying)
- Manage, support & guidance of mining operations (Superintendents though to Operators)
- Leading the preparation of the site mine plan that enables the delivery of the integrated plan
- Overseeing mine planning, grade control, production scheduling, spatial data, and stockpile management.
- Producing operational plans and reports including for daily, weekly and monthly timeframes, developing Mine Reconciliation Reports that are accurate and relevant from resource model to shipped product and maintaining a database of historic production performance
- Leading a safety culture of continuous improvement and maintaining high level leadership at all times – Our people are empowered to make the right decisions
- Lead by example at all times and demonstrating high performance through clear expectations and direction
- Lead the development, implementation and continuation of required mine planning, systems and processes
- Ensure the safe, timely and efficient delivery of the Mining Operation’s targets whilst continuing to drive standards, reduce cost and improve output.
- Ensure the efficient utilisation of people, assets and equipment.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering, Geology or related discipline
- Unrestricted Quarry Managers Certificate
- Positive approach to implementation and execution of pragmatic safety management
- Demonstrated experience managing successful Mining Operations within Australia
- Strong understanding of Safety Management and associated legislative requirements
- Excellent communication, organisational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success in leading and developing diverse teams
- A flair for challenging the norm and doing things different.
Why would I want to be part of this project?
- New project – get in from the first days onsite and watch our site and team grow together
- Fast paced supportive work environment – opportunity to influence change
- Long term opportunities – career growth aspirations/ goals
- Learn from experienced leaders
- Family friendly rosters
- Food and camp quality is second to none
- Great pay; site allowances and a quarterly bonus too
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Maintenance Site AdministratorOnslow Port 507718 Onslow WA Australia Onslow, WA, Australia, 6710 Professional & Technical Administration & Office Support, Construction
Senior Mining EngineerWonmunna 506851 Newman WA Australia Newman, WA, Australia, 6753 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Environmental AdvisorKoolyanobbing 507367 Koolyanobbing WA Australia Koolyanobbing, WA, Australia, 6427 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Senior Environmental AdvisorOsborne Park 506527 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Materials & Logistics SupervisorWonmunna 507893 Newman WA Australia Newman, WA, Australia, 6753 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Senior Mining EngineerOsborne Park 507904 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.