WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Newman, WA, Australia, 6753
- Full Time
WA is a state (and an economy) built on mining.
At Mineral Resources (MRL), we are focused on growing this success by delivering industry leading projects that benefit our people, our shareholders and the community. With growth comes new career opportunities as part of our MRL family – be it kick starting your journey in mining, taking on your next challenge or stepping up to help lead the way forward. Sure, MRL has come a long way – but we’re really just getting started.
Your work becomes more meaningful when it’s part of something bigger than you. It may feel like you’re pushing yourself to the edge of what’s possible, but this is the kind of work that fills you up and highlights the value of your contribution. Your time with MRL is an opportunity to capitalise on the skills and talent that you’ve been cultivating for so long, in an environment where you’ll be given the trust to do so.
Tell me about the role
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mining Supervisor to join our Iron Valley operations on a 2|1 roster.
Our Mining Supervisors are a key part of our leadership team onsite. You have two main priorities; driving a safety first work culture that ensures an injury free work environment, but also protects our equipment and importantly, our environment. Secondly, you are responsible to meet our production targets. You achieve this through efficient and effective coordination of operators, but also through linking with the wider team onsite.
It isn’t always easy bringing all the pieces of the puzzle together, but when you are able to do so, it is very rewarding for you and your team. We recognise and value the contributions our high performing teams make, and often career opportunities arise on the back of sustained excellence.
What do you want from me?
- Overseeing and managing our assets including people, plant and equipment, to achieve operational outcomes in safety, quality, performance, efficiency and cost
- Effectively manage an operations team
- Engaging with operators through pre-shift briefings
- Conducting regular site inspections, and daily interactions with the workforce
- Providing technical support and direction where required
- Ensuring team output and KPI’s are on track, in line with Company objectives
- Maintaining and foster a working environment which prompts safety in all that we do, whilst also providing outstanding service
What will I bring to the team?
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in an open pit environment
- Proven leadership ability and people management skills
- Ability to identify continuous improvement initiatives
- Hold Cert IV in Frontline Leadership
- Strong focus on safety and fostering a zero harm culture
- Quarry Manager certificate desirable
Making your mark
At MRL there’s a new energy that comes from our team of passionate employees. They achieve personal goals and contribute to a larger transformation that goes far beyond the bottom line. Our leadership pathway is focused on sharing in the success with other people as they make their own mark on our business and beyond. In the past, you may have worked day and night to get things out the door. Sure, we value effort – but we also want you to step away when you need, to leave work at work, and give your all when you’re clocked in but never at the expense of your health or family.
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Fixed Plant Operators | Full-time 2/1 roster – Iron ValleyIron Valley 507471 Newman WA Australia Newman, WA, Australia, 6753 Trades & Labour Crushing and Processing
Shipping OfficerOsborne Park 507429 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Administration & Office Support
Drill & Blast SupervisorWodgina 507412 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Wodgina
Electrical SupervisorNammuldi BWT Construction 507440 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Supervisor
Drill & Blast SupervisorWonmunna 507437 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Power Generation Operator MaintainerMiscellaneous 507390 Trades & Labour Energy
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.