WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Pilbara, WA, Australia
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MinRes), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Hygienist to work with our site Safety & site Leadership teams across our Iron Valley & Wonmunna Operations. You'll ensure the mining operation complies with all Company and Statutory Occupational Health, Safety and Training Regulations.
This role is FIFO ex Perth on a family friendly 8:6 roster. Your primary duties will include identifying assessing, reporting and facilitating the control of health hazards at the operations.
In this position you’ll:
- Implement the Health and Hygiene Management Plan & Sampling Plan
- Ensure all health hazards and incidents identified are assessed, controlled & reported in INX
- Conduct control verification activities
- Conduct investigations for occupational hygiene incidents
- Report occupational hygiene exposure data to stakeholders at set frequencies
- Undertake audit & assurance activities to ensure compliance
- Facilitate Site based training as required, such as the company Workshops, leadership programs, induction processes and other
- Develop site training packages for particular work areas for occupational hygiene exposures
- Discharge the legislative duties of Ventilation Officer and Noise Officer
- Conduct formal Alcohol & Drug testing on site as required
- Liaising with Statutory & Regulatory bodies.
- Conduct daily Field Leadership Interactions and record them in INX
- Assist in the accident/incident investigations and assist in the identification of corrective actions.
We’re creating opportunities for you to own projects and deliver results. From start through to completion, your fingerprints will be there.
Because here you don’t get lost in layers of people; you step up to make your mark and can easily see your contribution.
At MinRes, you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, a better workday.
Supporting you to work the way that works for you? MinRes would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Formal post graduate qualification in Occupational Hygiene
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Previous experience in an occupational hygiene role on a major mining project
- Previous Radiation experience would be desirable
- Extensive knowledge of Occupational Hygiene Legislation, Policies & Practices
- Demonstrated Leadership & Teamwork Skills
- Well-developed interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills
- Sound knowledge of Western Australian Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, Standards & Codes of Practice
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal & written
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel competency
Flexibility and job security
They’re two things MinRes employees value and, when we say job security, it’s not just about staying somewhere safe that no longer serves you.
Here, job security means working to your strengths, being challenged on each project, and achieving meaningful results that inspire you to choose to stay long-term.
“That’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t exist here, because the value you bring to MinRes will shape your role – and your contribution to our company.
It’s the kind of flexibility that extends to opportunities to co-create your preferred work environment.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes, including:
• Competitive salary
• Quarterly cash bonuses
• Generous leave options
• Employee discounts and offers
• Physical and mental health programs
• Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.