WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Principal Environment - Operations
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to help shape company culture and contribute to lasting change.
About the role
We are looking for a Principal Environment – Operations, to join our Perth-based team. Reporting directly to the Environment Manager, you lead a small team that secures environmental approvals to ensure the continuity of our five operational mines across the Pilbara and the Yilgarn.
The role will demonstrate an exceptional working knowledge in State and Federal environmental legislation, specifically the requirements of current guidance provided by Regulatory Authorities. You will play a key role in planning and facilitating the expansion of our projects and guiding a team in development of high quality and timely approvals applications.
- Work with MinRes planning and operational teams to identity future approvals requirements, building strong relationships across our business.
- Mentor, support and develop a team of advisors, and provide technical guidance to ensure a high performing team.
- Provide high-level technical review of approvals submissions as well as manage the development of quality technical documents
- Project manage the Environmental Impact Assessment process to ensure the delivery of regulatory approvals including developing Scope of Works, reviewing proposals and managing consultants.
- Ensure continual understanding of current legislative requirements through engagement with multiple regulatory authorities
- Maintain and foster a working environment which promotes safety in all that we do, whilst also providing leadership and engagement across the business
Your work becomes more meaningful when it’s part of something bigger than you. It may feel like you’re pushing yourself to the edge of what’s possible, but this is the kind of work that fills you up and highlights the value of your contribution. Your time with MRL is an opportunity to capitalise on the skills and talent that you’ve been cultivating for so long, in an environment where you’ll be given the trust to do so.
Putting you in position to do what you do best?
What you’ll bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Environmental Science or Environmental Management
- 12+ years experience with a strong environmental approvals focus in the mining industry
- In-depth knowledge of State and Federal environmental legislation
- Highly developed communication and engagement skills
- Experience in Environmental Impact Assessment and project management
- Experience using GIS or similar mapping software and Microsoft Project desirable.
- Experience in mentoring and development a team.
Making your mark
At MRL there’s a new energy that comes from our team of passionate employees. They achieve personal goals and contribute to a larger transformation that goes far beyond the bottom line. Our leadership pathway is focused on sharing in the success with other people as they make their own mark on our business and beyond. In the past, you may have worked day and night to get things out the door. Sure, we value effort – but we also want you to step away when you need, to leave work at work, and give your all when you’re clocked in but never at the expense of your health or family.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonuses
- Access to "MyShare" - Employee Share Plan
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- World class office space - our new start of the art HQ (coming soon) includes a gym, wellness centre, cafe and restaurant
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.