WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Project Engineering Manager
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Project Engineering Manager is responsible for delivering the engineering outputs of the project within the triple constraints of quality, cost and schedule for CSI.
You will be responsible for ensuring the engineering outputs are developed and delivered in accordance with approved company processes and procedures and meet the agreed operational needs of the customer.
This is a Perth based role in Applecross, with a move to our new state of the art facilities in Osborne Park in 2022.
In this position, you will:
- Leading the product engineering team in the realisation of the engineering solution while optimising cost and schedule
- Undertake planning and resourcing to ensure that the technical basis for project planning is established and that the project team are assigned to meet the agreed engineering delivery requirements
- Oversee the completion of project activities, guiding team members in the delivery of day-to-day project deliverables and objectives.
- Identify and Manage Technical Risk within the project and support the Project Manager in Risk Management Reviews
- Responsible for ensuring that product integrity is maintained and that a high level of engineering performance is achieved, by ensuring that sound engineering principles are being adhered to.
- Responsible for the estimating, resourcing and delivery of the engineering effort required for the technical solution
- Manage the project delivery within a timely manner ensure the maximum outcomes for the client and CSI
As a leader, you want to look back in a few years and be proud of what you’ve achieved.
Not just as one replaceable cog in a mining machine, but as a change maker.
Tracking these achievements gives you runs on the board and a clear path towards your next challenge or project. At MRL, we want you to celebrate your wins and see the next step clearly.
Giving you the freedom to reimagine how things work? MRL would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Mechanical Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- Minimum 5 years of Engineering management and at least 12 years of formal Engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in engineering work from mine pit through to and including Port for both Greenfield and Brownfield mine developments
- Ability to exercise technical engineering judgement within broad and often undefined parameters in the overall interests of the projects, in full cognisance of the likely effect on the business as a whole
- Proficient in the use of Autocad, Microstation, Navisworks, Space Gass, STAAD Pro and ProSteel
Finding value where others can’t
Our MRL team is full of big hitters, batting for the underdog, and finding value where others can’t.
Our success relies on the ability of our people to think differently, work smarter, and find hidden efficiencies. It’s how we define innovation and what gives our people the power to grow and scale a project.
Then there’s how we do it. We know how our people get the best out of themselves and checking off a to-do list designed under heavy layers of bureaucracy just isn’t it.
Here you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, or a better workday.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they look after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MRL, including:
• Competitive salary
• Quarterly cash bonuses
• Generous leave options
• Employee discounts and offers
• Physical and mental health programs
• Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
EOI - CSI Construction - Pipefitter505517 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Dozer Operators505676 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Mining Operators
Field Services SupervisorKwinana Workshop 505509 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Crushing and Processing, Supervisor
Senior Network EngineerApplecross 505611 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Information Technology
Safety AdvisorKemerton 505654 South-West WA Australia South-West, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Plumbing SupervisorKen's Bore 505617 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Plumber, Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.