WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Project Studies & Controls Manager
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
Our Project Development team are going through a period of unprecedented growth, and as a result a rare opportunity has become available for a Project and Study Manager to lead the development of projects through the study, evaluation and approval phases, ready for handover to construction and operations teams.
Reporting to the General Manager – Project Development, you will be required to lead and liaise with key stakeholders and functional leads who will provide input into the project, including Land access and tenure, Cultural heritage and Native Title, Environment and approvals, Exploration and geology, Hydrology and geotech, Mine design and scheduling, Metallurgy and processing design, Infrastructure design, Product transport design and Financial evaluations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading project initiation
- Develop and gain approvals for detailed project capital budgets and project charters
- Develop high level and detailed project schedules
- Lead project kick-off meetings with key stakeholders and project teams
- Leading project development
- Engage and lead work-stream leads, stakeholders and update steering committees on a regular basis
- Understand high level objectives set by key stakeholders and steering committee and ensure work-stream leads are working toward these objectives
- Identify project opportunities and risks early and develop solutions with work-stream leads and communicate early to key stakeholders and steering committee
- Keep a strong focus on project economic feasibility, optimising value throughout the development phase
- Identify and lead business development (M&A) opportunities related to the project with the support of the Business Development team
- Leading project administration and controls
- Managing schedules and budgets
- Deliver appropriate project reporting
- Leading project close-out
- Completion of study reports and presentations including financial evaluations, risks and opportunities
- Completion of project implementation/execution plans, operational readiness plans and project management plans as required for the next phases of development
As a leader, you want to look back in a few years and be proud of what you’ve achieved.
Not just as one replaceable cog in a mining machine, but as a change maker.
Tracking these achievements gives you runs on the board and a clear path towards your next challenge or project. At MRL, we want you to celebrate your wins and see the next step clearly.
Giving you the freedom to reimagine how things work? MRL would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary level education in a relevant discipline such as geology, mining engineering, metallurgy, finance or similiar
- 10-15+ years’ total experience in mining with at least 5-10+ years demonstrated leadership of technical or project teams
- Project leadership experience with demonstrated abilities and understanding of project governance, admin and controls
- Exposure to due diligence processes
Finding value where others can’t
Our MRL team is full of big hitters, batting for the underdog, and finding value where others can’t.
Our success relies on the ability of our people to think differently, work smarter, and find hidden efficiencies. It’s how we define innovation and what gives our people the power to grow and scale a project.
Then there’s how we do it. We know how our people get the best out of themselves and checking off a to-do list designed under heavy layers of bureaucracy just isn’t it.
Here you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, or a better workday.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they look after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MRL, including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Generous leave options
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Utility505114 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Camps and Hospitality
Intermediate Riggers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505109 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Superintendent505108 Goldfields WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Steel Fixers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505104 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara. South-West WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia. South-West, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Advisor505082 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Environmental Advisor505081 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.