WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Resource Geologist Specialist
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA is a state (and an economy) built on mining.
At Mineral Resources (MinRes), we are focused on growing our success by delivering industry leading projects that benefit our people, our shareholders and the community. With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
MinRes has come a long way – but we’re really just getting started.
About the Role
To support our exceptional growth for our exploration activities, we have implemented a new position, where you will be an integral member joining our Exploration and Geology division. The primary responsibility is to provide technical resource modelling and estimation capabilities through technical reviews and assistance to both operational ore control and short to medium term geological modelling requirements supporting the Mine Planning process.
In this position you’ll:
- Review and develop short- and medium-term planning models for the MinRes Operations
- Develop domains for grade estimation and undertake analysis to determine inputs into estimations appropriate to the style of mineralisation being modelled
- In collaboration with the Principal Resource Geologist and Principal Geologist – Operational Support, ensure planning models and ore control models are constructed and classified in accordance with agreed risk classifications
- Assist in undertaking technical reviews of operational ore control processes and advanced Brownfields projects
- Ensure that all work is delivered on time and budget
- Establish and regularly maintain suitably detailed model schedules
- Collaborate with Exploration & Resource Development, Orebody Knowledge and Operational Geology teams, on developing geological models
- Develop strong working relationship with Site Geology Leads and Mine Planning team
- Provide technical support for geological teams undertaking work programs.
We’re creating opportunities for you to own projects and deliver results. From start through to completion, your fingerprints will be there.
Because here you don’t get lost in layers of people; you step up to make your mark and can easily see your contribution.
At MinRes, you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, a better workday.
Supporting you to work the way that works for you? MinRes would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary level education in Geology or Economic Geology
- 10+ years Metalliferous Geology experience at a Senior or Specialist level
- Post graduate qualification in Geostatistics
- Sound understanding of Resource Estimation principles and practises
- Strong 3D modelling capabilities using either Micromine, Vulcan and Leapfrog
- Strong understanding of QAQC principles and practises
- Skilled user of acQuire database
- Strong understanding of reconciliation principles and practises
- Good interpersonal skills
- Well-developed communication skills– both oral and written
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Meet deadlines and manage priorities to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Lithium base metals experience
- Iron Ore Experience
Flexibility and job security
MinRes employee’s value job security. Here, job security means working to your strengths, being challenged on each project, and achieving meaningful results that inspire you to choose to stay long-term.
“That’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t exist here, because the value you bring to MinRes will shape your role – and your contribution to our company.
It’s the kind of flexibility that extends to opportunities to co-create your preferred work environment.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes, including.
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonuses
- Access to "MyShare" MinRes Share Plan
- Employee discounts and offers
- Salary packaging
- Physical and mental health programs
- State of the art corporate facilities featuring onsite gym, crèche and restaurant
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.