WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Safety Advisor (Mining)
- Goldfields, WA, Australia
- Pilbara, WA, Australia
- Full Time
As an ASX100 company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian leader delivering innovative and sustainable diversified mining solutions, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies.
Our people are empowered to challenge the status quo and actively explore new ideas and opportunities. We work together and focus on getting things done. Our agility allows us to act fast and seize opportunities – achieving exceptional, sustainable results.
Do you like to think outside the square and challenge yourself? Do you like to collaborate as a team to achieve more than you thought possible?
Think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
At Mineral Resources, we continually improve not only our operations, but our systems and processes.
Our people are at the heart of all that we do. Our leaders provide a foundation on which our talent, passion and entrepreneurial spirit can shine through.
The result? We work together to create solutions and achieve exceptional results, in a safe and sustainable way. Together, we will always deliver – and that sets us apart.
Do you have the courage to take on the impossible and the passion to make it happen? Do you care about your team and celebrate their differences?
Think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
About the role
Due to rapid growth planned through 2021 in the Yilgarn and Pilbara regions, we currently have roles for Safety Advisors on 8/6 rosters. The Safety Advisor is responsible in providing efficient and effective safety support services to our project sites around WA. Reporting though to Site & Senior HSE Leadership, you will play an integral part in the contribution of promoting a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible work ethic and safety culture among MRL employees and contractors.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment and has a strong desire to develop others. You will be responsible to provide advice and assistance to ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements, Codes of Practice and MRL Policies and Procedures. You will also be required to provide assistance with the development of risk assessments, incident investigations, interpret safety data and assist with the facilitation of injury management cases and return to work processes.
Working in conjunction with our onsite Leadership team, your duties will also include;
- Identifying risk and non-compliance issues
- Implementing OHS critical risk management programs
- Coaching Supervisors in the conducting of workplace inspections, and completing system audits to verify compliance against MRL safety standards and legislative requirements
- Demonstrated visible Leadership, proactively participating in all safety related forums and programs
- Contribute to and promote a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible working ethic among all MRL employees and contractors to assist in providing a safe and incident free work place.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Preferably a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- At least 5+ years in a similar safety role in the mining industry essential
- Experience with legislative / statutory compliance, and data interpretation and analysis
- Experience with incident investigation and reporting models, ICAM or TapRoot
- Demonstrated auditing experience
- Experience in Risk Management
- Demonstrated experience in contractor management
- Experience in development of safety procedures
- Experience in project management would be highly regarded
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Utility505114 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Camps and Hospitality
Intermediate Riggers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505109 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Superintendent505108 Goldfields WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Steel Fixers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505104 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara. South-West WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia. South-West, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Advisor505082 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Environmental Advisor505081 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.