WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- NT, Australia
- Fixed Term - Project
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to help shape company culture and contribute to lasting change.
About the role
The Safety Advisor is responsible for ensuring site compliance with the relevant OHS and Environmental legislation, Australian Standards, and company OHS and Environmental requirements.
- Co-ordinate and participate in Safety audits and inspections activities in order to help continuously improve, maintain and implement better and more user friendly operating systems on site.
- Co-ordinate the ongoing management of the site health, first response and emergency plans
- Co-ordinate the management of the first response facilities and equipment
- Conducting formal Alcohol and Drug testing on site as required
- Liaising with medical officials and institutions including doctors, hospitals, and RFDS
- Support and advise site management on all safety, medic and environmental matters
- Analysis of trends in relation to workplace safety performance
- Induction of new employees
- Site workplace inspections and assisting in the preparation JHA’s
- Administration and filing of all safety related documentation on site
- Administrating fitness for work processes and assisting in rehabilitation management
- Maintain all Safety and environmental related records - record all incidents, generate safety reports, receive and file all safety related data, correlate all safety performance statistics
- Regularly review the site specific Safety Management Plans for required amendments
- Ensure all incidents and hazards are reported and investigated in accordance with relevant procedures and appropriate remedial actions implemented in a timely manner
- Maintain the site HST databases accounting for site incidents and injuries
- Promote safety policies and systems to company personnel and subcontractors
- Provide input at Toolbox Meetings and Pre-start meetings and ensure records are kept
- Assist in the running of site Safety Committee meetings (where established)
- Take all available actions to minimise risk of incident or injury and take action on any activities that compromise the Company’s standards
Your work becomes more meaningful when it’s part of something bigger than you. It may feel like you’re pushing yourself to the edge of what’s possible, but this is the kind of work that fills you up and highlights the value of your contribution. Your time with MRL is an opportunity to capitalise on the skills and talent that you’ve been cultivating for so long, in an environment where you’ll be given the trust to do so.
Putting you in position to do what you do best?
What you’ll bring to the team
- Relevant Qualifications in OHS and/or Environmental Management
- Extensive knowledge of safety & environmental legislation, policies and practices
- Well-developed report writing and analytical skills
- Well-developed interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills
Making your mark
At MRL there’s a new energy that comes from our team of passionate employees. They achieve personal goals and contribute to a larger transformation that goes far beyond the bottom line. Our leadership pathway is focused on sharing in the success with other people as they make their own mark on our business and beyond. In the past, you may have worked day and night to get things out the door. Sure, we value effort – but we also want you to step away when you need, to leave work at work, and give your all when you’re clocked in but never at the expense of your health or family.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing
• Competitive salary
• Quarterly cash bonuses
• Generous leave options
• Employee discounts and offers
• Physical and mental health programs
• MRL share plan
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.