WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Fixed Term - Project
At Mineral Resources (MinRes) our team is full of big hitters who find value where others can’t. We’re agile, act fast and seize new opportunities to achieve exceptional, sustainable results.
Our ground-breaking Onslow Iron project, located at our Ashburton Hub, is a key part of our ambitious plans to substantially grow our iron ore footprint in the Pilbara. From a clean slate we’re building things from the ground up, providing a full pit-to-ship logistics solution with extraordinary infrastructure and first-of-its-kind innovation. This $2.4 billion project includes new port, stockyards, 150kms of the largest private road in WA, new dry process plant and two brand-new resort-style camps.
About the role
Reporting to the Construction Manager, as the Safety Advisor you’ll play a key role in moving this project into its Delivery Phase - encompassing early development work, mine site development, bulk ore transportation system, port works and mine processing plant.
This is a hands on position that will be closely involved with all project phases, functions and personnel.
Your key responsibilities
- Co-ordinate and participate in Safety audits and inspections activities in order to help continuously improve, maintain and implement better and more user friendly operating systems on site.
- Co-ordinate the ongoing management of the site health, first response and emergency plans
- Co-ordinate the management of the first response facilities and equipment
- Conducting formal Alcohol and Drug testing on site as required
- Liaising with medical officials and institutions including doctors, hospitals, and RFDS
- Support and advise site management on all safety, medic and environmental matters
- Analysis of trends in relation to workplace safety performance
- Induction of new employees
- Site workplace inspections and assisting in the preparation JHA’s
- Administration and filing of all safety related documentation on site
- Administrating fitness for work processes and assisting in rehabilitation management
- Maintain all Safety and environmental related records - record all incidents, generate safety reports, receive and file all safety related data, correlate all safety performance statistics
- Regularly review the site specific Safety Management Plans for required amendments
- Ensure all incidents and hazards are reported and investigated in accordance with relevant procedures and appropriate remedial actions implemented in a timely manner
- Maintain the site HST databases accounting for site incidents and injuries
- Promote safety policies and systems to company personnel and subcontractors
- Provide input at Toolbox Meetings and Pre-start meetings and ensure records are kept
- Assist in the running of site Safety Committee meetings (where established)
- Take all available actions to minimise risk of incident or injury and take action on any activities that compromise the Company’s standards
We’re looking for someone with proven hands on project delivery experience in a similar role, preferably within an iron ore project across a broad scope of disciplines.
What you will bring to the team
- Relevant Qualifications in OHS and/or Environmental Management
- Extensive knowledge of safety & environmental legislation, policies and practices
- Solid experience in the application of first aid, emergency medical response and dealing with emergency situations
- Extensive experience in the application of safety and environmental legislation, policies and practices
- Extensive experience in accident/injury investigation procedures
How we’ll reward you
We offer generous benefits including:
- Competitive salary - a package that recognises the skills, experience and value you bring to this key role
- Quarterly bonus - rewarding you with bonus payments throughout the year
- Generous share plan - share in our growth and success
- Discounts and offers - discounts and perks on travel, accommodation, retail, insurance and health
Ready for your next challenge? Make your mark on a growing company and build a legacy to be proud of at this iconic project. Apply now!
MinRes is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Drill & Blast SupervisorWodgina 507412 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Wodgina
Electrical SupervisorNammuldi BWT Construction 507440 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Supervisor
Drill & Blast SupervisorWonmunna 507437 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Power Generation Operator MaintainerMiscellaneous 507390 Trades & Labour Energy
Training AdministratorOsborne Park 507304 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Administration & Office Support
Workshop SupervisorKen's Bore 507034 Professional & Technical Construction, Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.