WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Full Time
MinRes is a top 100 ASX mining services company with a strong pipeline of projects that will drive unprecedented growth over the next five years. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we offer attractive salaries and benefits, opportunities for career advancement and world-class workspaces designed for employee wellbeing – to ensure our people get their best life!
About the role
MRL is looking for an experienced Safety Manager, who will be responsible for driving best practice health and safety outcomes and ensuring standards, systems, and processes are being implemented in line with all Company and legislative requirements. You will have the opportunity to drive continuous improvement and innovation across the mining operations. Your significant success and experience in building and maintaining positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory authorities and industry peers, will help guarantee success. You will be a member of the Mining Health and Safety Functional Leadership Team, and the Mineral Resources Corporate Safety Leadership Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the improvement of the mining safety performance congruently with the Senior Site Leadership;
- Assisting with employee upskilling and development with respect to safe working process and practices, and developing a healthy and sustainable safe working culture;
- Ensuring that health and safety legislative requirements are met and exceeded, functional safety activities are integrated, and contribution is made to the optimisation of health and safety systems and processes;
- Providing field-based support to operational mining leaders in their accountability for event investigation, various key field leadership activities, and compliance;
- Leading health and safety initiatives to assist with driving a positive health and safety culture;
- Coach, influence, and provide technical expertise in the service of building Health and Safety capacity and capability;
- Be involved in the development, review, and approval process for corporate system Health and Safety documentation;
- Interface with Regulatory bodies to represent MinRes (when required);
- Manage and ensure all risk mitigation processes are in place including maintenance of risk and hazards registers;
- Business Unit custodian and SME for MinRes' Critical Risk Management Program; and
- Provide operational safety support to the MinRes Mining team.
This position reports directly to the General Manager Health and Safety, with a high level of autonomy and support at a senior level.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety.
- Strong business partnering and communication skills focusing on coaching and influencing leadership
- Demonstrate visible leadership towards people.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in managing change and improvement in complex working environments.
- Previous experience in the implementation and application of HESQ management systems in the resources industry.
- Understanding the implementation and application of various Risk Assessment techniques (HAZID, JHA’s).
- Previous experience in conducting root cause analysis (RCA) into incidents, including the ICAM methodology.
- Knowledge on Emergency Response preparedness and response activities and governance of Emergency Management Plans.
- Demonstrated experience with PowerBI and Microsoft Suite.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Great Employee Share plans – MyShare
- Flexible working options
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
We are moving within the next few months to state-of-the-art new offices in Osborne Park which feature leading edge office fit-out and technology, a gym, café, and restaurant and have easy access to public transport – join us for this exciting development!
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Fixed Plant Operators | Full-time 2/1 roster – Iron ValleyIron Valley 507471 Newman WA Australia Newman, WA, Australia, 6753 Trades & Labour Crushing and Processing
Shipping OfficerOsborne Park 507429 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Administration & Office Support
Drill & Blast SupervisorWodgina 507412 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Wodgina
Electrical SupervisorNammuldi BWT Construction 507440 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Supervisor
Drill & Blast SupervisorWonmunna 507437 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Power Generation Operator MaintainerMiscellaneous 507390 Trades & Labour Energy
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.