WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
- Pilbara, WA, Australia
- Full Time
As an ASX100 company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian leader delivering innovative and sustainable diversified mining solutions, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our people are empowered to challenge the status quo and actively explore new ideas and opportunities. We work together and focus on getting things done. Our agility allows us to act fast and seize opportunities – achieving exceptional, sustainable results.
Do you like to think outside the square and challenge yourself? Do you like to collaborate as a team to achieve more than you thought possible?
Think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
We are taking this leadership opportunity in safety onsite in a different direction from where we have traditionally focused. Under the revised responsibilities, you will oversee Safety, Emergency Response, Training, Hygiene and our Health & Wellbeing teams.
We’re looking for an experienced mining industry safety specialist who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment and has a strong desire to develop others. You will be responsible to provide advice and assistance to ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements, Codes of Practice and MRL Policies and Procedures. You will also be required to provide assistance with the development of risk assessments, incident investigations, interpret safety data and assist with the facilitation of injury management cases and return to work processes.
- Identifying risk and non-compliance issues
- Implementing OHS critical risk management programs
- Coaching supervisors in the conducting of workplace inspections, completing system audits to verify compliance against MRL safety standards and legislative requirements
- Demonstrated visible leadership, proactively participating in all safety related forums and programs
- Contribute to and promote a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible working ethic among all MRL employees and contractors to assist in providing a safe and incident free work place
The type of person we are seeking:
- Confident and clear communicator
- Visible field leader who understands the value of coaching and developing people across a broad range of disciplines
- Values driven - open, honest, displays integrity and courage to speak the truth
- Creator of systems, processes, procedures to drive a positive and engaging safety program that is readily understood at all levels
What you’ll bring to the team
- Formal qualifications in OHS
- At least 5 plus years in a similar safety role in the mining industry essential
- Experience with legislative/statutory compliance, data interpretation and analysis
- Experience with incident investigation and reporting models such as ICAM or TapRoot
- Demonstrated risk management and auditing experience
- Experience in the development of safety procedures
People unsuccessful for this role may be considered for the Senior Safety Advisor roles within our Mining Division. If you are open to such pathways please let us know in your application! We are keen to hear from you.
- Safety model that is supported on site and corporately - plenty of peers to help advise and guide your journey
- A site where you have constant access to senior managers that are deeply invested in safety and want to drive a continual improvement culture every step of the way
- Long term career pathways
- Quarterly paid bonus schemes
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply .
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.