WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Sales Operations Manager - Iron Ore
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
MinRes has a vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services. Over the next five years we aim to make this vision a reality as we work to deliver the most transformational growth period in our history. The development of our three iron ore hubs in Ashburton, Pilbara, and Yilgarn will see our iron ore production potentially quadruple over the next five years.
About the role
In this newly created opportunity and reporting directly to the Executive General Manager - Sales & Marketing, you will generate value for MinRes by:
- Managing the back-office Sales Operations of the iron ore business including contract preparation, supervision of a small team preparing sales & shipping documents, controlling risk and co-ordination for all shipping & chartering activities.
- Effectively leading the iron ore sales operations and documentation team, implementing innovative systems and processes to streamline all activities.
- Conveying sales contractual requirements to Operations, Mine Planning and Project Development team.
- Providing the Marketing team with updates from Operations, Mine Planning and Project Development team.
- Actively monitor revenue flows and cash collection from sales.
- Working closely with the Shipping and Chartering team to minimise the cost of sea freight and demurrage as well as providing additional governance over counter party risk.
As a leader, you want to look back in a few years and be proud of what you’ve achieved.
Not just as one replaceable cog in a mining machine, but as a change maker.
Tracking these achievements gives you runs on the board and a clear path towards your next challenge or project. At MinRes, we want you to celebrate your wins and see the next step clearly.
Giving you the freedom to reimagine how things work? MinRes would.
MinRes are seeking a contemporary and dynamic leader, motivated to make an impact at a rapidly growing resources business. Further skills and qualifications include:
- Tertiary qualifications in International Trade, Business, Commerce, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Fluent in Mandarin (desirable).
- Demonstrated experience in commodity sales operations, preferably iron ore or bulk commodities
- Working knowledge of international shipping & freight market.
- Direct experience with international terms of trade including international shipping and banking.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in intercultural business communications with outstanding verbal & written communication skills.
Finding value where others can’t
Our success relies on the ability of our people to think differently, work smarter, and find hidden efficiencies. It’s how we define innovation and what gives our people the power to grow and scale a project.
Then there’s how we do it. We know how our people get the best out of themselves and checking off a to-do list designed under heavy layers of bureaucracy just isn’t it.
Here you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, or a better workday.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they look after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes, including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly retention bonuses
- Access to “MyShare” – Employee Share Plan
- World Class Office – Including, on-site Gym, Restaurant & Café in Osborne Park
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.