WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Senior Earthworks Planner
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to help shape company culture and contribute to lasting change.
About the role
As we embark on our new $2BN Pit to Port project in the Pilbara we are seeking an experienced Senior Planner (Earthworks/Civils) to join our Applecross/Osborne Park (early 2022 move) based team. The joy is we are the Client, Contractor and our own EPCM on the project.
Reporting to our Senior Project Manager, your primary responsibility will be to manage the planning of all the $700M worth of Earthworks/Civils across this Greenfield project. Our works supports a new Process Plant, Resort Camps, 150KM of roads and 3 bridges plus underpasses, NPI facilities & Aerodrome plus a new Jetty & Stockyards.
With a comprehensive background in construction environments, you will primarily be responsible for the development of project execution plans for MRL sites and key focus of your role will be to prepare and assess detailed project plans for all stages and facets for successful project outcome in terms of time and cost.
Based in Perth, with short visits to site as required, this new role will require you to act as the custodian of the all project schedules, and will be accountable for providing accurate and supporting documentation to allow the project team to effectively deliver and execute on project scope of works.
What we expect from YOU
- Development and maintenance of project plans and schedule project plans and schedules (fully logic linked with a critical path) to enable performance analysis to be carried out for engineering, procurement and construction phases, in conjunction with the project manager and project team members
- Provide support and assistance to the project in order to enable the team to update progress against baseline schedules, monitor pinch-points on the critical path, review variances and test and change logic where previously agreed to either improve upon the baseline program or to mitigate potential delays
- Manage and incorporate change events into the construction program in a timely manner
- Produce and issue regular updates to project plans and schedules.
- Analyse project plans and schedules to identify potential impacts, including conducting scheduled risk analysis processes and promptly notifying the project team of any foreseeable issues or concerns
- Liaise with other planners within the team and share responsibilities as appropriate to deliver an effective planning service to Stakeholders.
Your work becomes more meaningful when it’s part of something bigger than you. It may feel like you’re pushing yourself to the edge of what’s possible, but this is the kind of work that fills you up and highlights the value of your contribution. Your time with MRL is an opportunity to capitalise on the skills and talent that you’ve been cultivating for so long, in an environment where you’ll be given the trust to do so.
Putting you in position to do what you do best?
What you’ll bring to the team
- 7+ years as Senior Planner specifically in Bulk & Detailed Earthworks & Civils
- Competent in use of Primavera P6 software (essential)
- Construction related experience, including site experience, knowledge of the construction trades and tools involved, industry standards and usage
- Good attention to detail with the ability to work towards challenging deadlines
- Experience in analysing project schedule and budget performance, utilising sound schedule quality metrics and schedule risk analysis techniques
Making your mark
At MRL there’s a new energy that comes from our team of passionate employees. They achieve personal goals and contribute to a larger transformation that goes far beyond the bottom line. Our leadership pathway is focused on sharing in the success with other people as they make their own mark on our business and beyond. In the past, you may have worked day and night to get things out the door. Sure, we value effort – but we also want you to step away when you need, to leave work at work, and give your all when you’re clocked in but never at the expense of your health or family.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing
• Competitive salary
• Quarterly cash bonuses
• Generous leave options
• Employee discounts and offers
• Physical and mental health programs
• Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
EOI - CSI Construction - Pipefitter505517 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Dozer Operators505676 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Mining Operators
Field Services SupervisorKwinana Workshop 505509 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Crushing and Processing, Supervisor
Senior Network EngineerApplecross 505611 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Information Technology
Safety AdvisorKemerton 505654 South-West WA Australia South-West, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Plumbing SupervisorKen's Bore 505617 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Plumber, Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.