WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Senior Environmental Advisor
- Full Time
WA is a state (and an economy) built on mining.
At Mineral Resources (MRL), we are focused on growing our success by delivering industry leading projects that benefit our people, our shareholders and the community. With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
MRL has come a long way – but we’re really just getting started.
About the role
Sitting within our Operational Approvals team in Perth, the primary function of this role is to ensure continuity of operational projects by providing approvals support. Working with an experienced team, you’ll engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders to drive approvals for changes or expansions to our five operating lithium and iron ore projects.
In this position you’ll:
- Follow the MinRes approvals procedure to appropriately scope, define, schedule, and execute environmental approvals
- Manage external consultants and provision of scientific advice with respect to environmental aspects of the Project.
- Manage plans and timelines to ensure project deadlines are met and stakeholders are kept informed on progress
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including our traditional owners
- Conduct risk assessments to define, assess and manage key environmental risks
- Ensure approvals commitments are understood by our sites
- Interpret legislation, government standards and agreements and provide informed commentary, improvement opportunities and areas of risk to management.
We’re creating opportunities for you to own projects and deliver results. From start through to completion, your fingerprints will be there.
Because here you don’t get lost in layers of people; you step up to make your mark and can easily see your contribution.
At MinRes, you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, a better workday.
Supporting you to work the way that works for you? MinRes would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- High degree of familiarity with Mining Act and Environmental Protection Act
- 8+ years’ experience in a similar role within industry, consulting or government
- Experience in preparing Mining Proposals, Mine Closure Plans, Part IV & V approvals, and Commonwealth approvals.
- Strong computer skills, with exposure to ArcGIS or similar highly desirable
- Ability to liaise and influence at all levels of staff and management at MinRes
- Sound understanding of operational mining environments
Flexibility and job security
MinRes employee’s value job security. Here, job security means working to your strengths, being challenged on each project, and achieving meaningful results that inspire you to choose to stay long-term.
“That’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t exist here, because the value you bring to MinRes will shape your role – and your contribution to our company.
It’s the kind of flexibility that extends to opportunities to co-create your preferred work environment.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MRL, including.
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonuses
- Access to "MyShare" MinRes Share Plan
- Employee discounts and offers
- Salary packaging
- Physical and mental health programs
- State of the art corporate office with fantastic facilities featuring onsite gym, crèche and restaurant
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Fixed Plant Operators | Full-time 2/1 roster – Iron ValleyIron Valley 507471 Newman WA Australia Newman, WA, Australia, 6753 Trades & Labour Crushing and Processing
Shipping OfficerOsborne Park 507429 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Administration & Office Support
Drill & Blast SupervisorWodgina 507412 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Wodgina
Electrical SupervisorNammuldi BWT Construction 507440 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Supervisor
Drill & Blast SupervisorWonmunna 507437 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Power Generation Operator MaintainerMiscellaneous 507390 Trades & Labour Energy
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.