WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Senior Financial Accountant
- Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017
- Full Time
MinRes is a top 50 ASX mining services company with a strong pipeline of projects that will drive unprecedented growth over the next five years. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we offer attractive salaries and benefits, opportunities for career advancement and world-class workspaces designed for employee wellbeing – to ensure our people get their best life!
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant who is a frontline manager to drive delivery of high-quality financial accounting outcomes, compliance to accounting standards and reporting activities, whilst supporting the FC. Assists with the team development and building strong relationships with stakeholders. As such the SFA role is crucial in supporting operations to deliver accurate and timely financial information and analysis.
Key responsibilities include
- Management of the team and deliverables of the day-to-day financial accounting support to the Operational Finance Team and Financial Controller, ensuring key monthly, quarterly, and annual deadlines are achieved
- Financial reporting requirements including half-year, full-year, quarterly and statutory reporting for the consolidated entity and subsidiaries
- Manage the completion of month end and consolidation financial accounting entries, analysis, and reporting
- Manage the application of accounting standards including research and preparation of accounting papers
- Ownership of governance and controls; and that compliance with standards is maintained (financial standards, internal Delegation of Authority, etc.)
- Ensure Fixed Asset register is maintained including timely capitalisations and disposals, and appropriate depreciation methods are applied
- Coordinate activities to manage Capital projects including approvals, budgeting/forecasting, justifications and monthly reporting and analysis
- Coordinates budget/forecast process, ensuring inputs are accurate, analysing results and building the story
- Managing the audit process, including preparation of audit work papers and liaising with auditors to address their queries during half and full year, in addition to other adhoc audits.
- Ownership of the Balance Sheet, including validation and accuracy of balances and reconciliations preparation, including review and improvement of the process
- Keeping the FC/SMA informed and escalating when required
- Actively works to close month end earlier – focuses on materiality and analysis, identifying and assisting in implementing improvements. This position reports directly to the Financial Controller.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary Degree in Accounting
- Completed CA/CPA
- 5+ years of experience in a range of accounting activities – including general accounting, financial analysis, audit, and management reporting
- 2-5 years of experience in mining, or comparable/related industry (i.e. manufacturing, mining services)
- Managing a team, with direct reports in previous role is crucial
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Great Employee Share plans – MyShare
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
We have moved to state-of-the-art new offices in Osborne Park which feature leading edge office fit-out and technology, a gym, café, and restaurant and have easy access to public transport – join us for this exciting development!
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Maintenance Site AdministratorOnslow Port 507718 Onslow WA Australia Onslow, WA, Australia, 6710 Professional & Technical Administration & Office Support, Construction
Senior Mining EngineerWonmunna 506851 Newman WA Australia Newman, WA, Australia, 6753 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Environmental AdvisorKoolyanobbing 507367 Koolyanobbing WA Australia Koolyanobbing, WA, Australia, 6427 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Senior Environmental AdvisorOsborne Park 506527 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Materials & Logistics SupervisorWonmunna 507893 Newman WA Australia Newman, WA, Australia, 6753 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Senior Mining EngineerOsborne Park 507904 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.