WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Senior Geologist Lithium Resource Development
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA is a state (and an economy) built on mining.
At Mineral Resources (MinRes), we are focused on growing our success by delivering industry leading projects that benefit our people, our shareholders and the community. With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
MinRes has come a long way – but we’re really just getting started.
About the Role
To support our exceptional growth for our exploration activities, we have implemented a new position, where you will be an integral member joining our Exploration and Geology division. The primary responsibility is to provide the geological definition and evaluation of appointed projects through the planning and supervision of drilling programs, geophysical and geochemical surveys, compilation and analysis of data, and the preparation of technical reports.
This will be a hands-on position reporting directly to the Principal Geologist. You will be predominantly based out of our corporate Applecross office, and for this position, it is a requirement for regular site visits on an 8/6 roster arrangement.
In this position you’ll:
- Planning and execution of lithium resource development activities in line with project timelines and regional drilling schedules.
- Gain the approvals necessary for field activities including POW’s, SDP’s and excess tonnage applications.
- Maintain exploration programs to ensure that accurate records are updated with critical geological data utilising AcQuire and ARC GIS software.
- Provide coaching and supervision to Graduate Geologists, Geologists and Project Geologists.
- Coordinate geological mapping programs.
- Use a combination of data sources to generate and justify new drilling targets for.
- Oversight of drilling programs; ensuring that the team collects accurate geological data.
- 3D Geological interpretation.
- Supervision of geophysical and geochemical surveys.
- Ensure that all work is completed to appropriate standards and is cost effective.
- Monitor exploration drilling activities against approvals and report on rehabilitation status to DMIRS;
- Providing technical input into the resource estimation for the deposits including geological logging, interpretation and modelling.
- Refine mineralisation model based on geological observations.
- Submit operational reports to meet the required quality, content and timing.
- Conduct project work and handle work tasks as required by the Principal Geologist and/or Geology Manager.
We’re creating opportunities for you to own projects and deliver results. From start through to completion, your fingerprints will be there.
Because here you don’t get lost in layers of people; you step up to make your mark and can easily see your contribution.
At MinRes, you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, a better workday.
Supporting you to work the way that works for you? MinRes would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary level education in Geology
- 8+ years’ experience in the mining and exploration industry
- Experience in supervising and coordinating exploration drill rigs
- Experience in leading teams
- Skilled user of Micromine, Arc GIS, AcQuire or similar
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
- Well-developed communication skills– both oral and written
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Meet deadlines and manage priorities to meet deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Lithium and base metals experience
- Skilled in 3D modelling
- Understanding of resource estimation workflow
- 4WD Training
Flexibility and job security
MinRes employee’s value job security. Here, job security means working to your strengths, being challenged on each project, and achieving meaningful results that inspire you to choose to stay long-term.
“That’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t exist here, because the value you bring to MinRes will shape your role – and your contribution to our company.
It’s the kind of flexibility that extends to opportunities to co-create your preferred work environment.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes, including.
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonuses
- Access to "MyShare" MinRes Share Plan
- Employee discounts and offers
- Salary packaging
- Physical and mental health programs
- State of the art corporate facilities featuring onsite gym, crèche and restaurant
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.