WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Senior Geologist (Mine Support)
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA is a state (and an economy) built on mining.
At Mineral Resources (MinRes), we are focused on growing our success by delivering industry leading projects that benefit our people, our shareholders and the community. With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
MinRes has come a long way – but we’re really just getting started.
About the role
Due to exceptional growth, we have a newly created position for an experienced Senior Mining Geologist where you will be reporting to the Principle Geologist. This role is to provide a high level of technical direction and support to the mine geologist teams across the MinRes group.
This will be a hands-on position reporting directly to the Principal Geologist. You will be predominantly located at our corporate Applecross office, and for this position, it is a requirement for regular site visits on an 8/6 roster arrangement.
In this position you’ll:
- Provide on-site leave coverage for Senior Mine Geologists
- Supervision and high-level technical support for all mine geologists across the MRL group
- Validation of mining production and grade control data from all MRL mine sites
- Provide assistance and validation of grade control to resource model reconciliations
- Geological interpretation including digitizing, wire framing and block modelling
- Report on quality of geological data collected across MRL projects
- Provide assistance and input to the short-term mine planning across MRL projects
We’re creating opportunities for you to own projects and deliver results. From start through to completion, your fingerprints will be there.
Because here you don’t get lost in layers of people; you step up to make your mark and can easily see your contribution.
At MinRes, you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, a better workday.
Supporting you to work the way that works for you? MinRes would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary level education in Geology
- 8+ years’ experience in the mining and exploration industry
- Demonstrated Experience in a Mine Geology role
- A competent User of 3D modelling Software (Micromine, Surpac or similar)
- Experience managing mining production and grade control databases
- Experience with ROM stockpile management and blending strategies
- Experience in grade control to resource model reconciliations
- Skilled in geological wireframing and block modelling
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Meet deadlines and manage priorities to meet deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Lithium and base metals experience
- Skilled in database analysis (QA/QC)
- Experience in planning and execuition of drilling programs
Flexibility and job security
MinRes employee’s value job security. Here, job security means working to your strengths, being challenged on each project, and achieving meaningful results that inspire you to choose to stay long-term.
“That’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t exist here, because the value you bring to MinRes will shape your role – and your contribution to our company.
It’s the kind of flexibility that extends to opportunities to co-create your preferred work environment.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes, including.
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonuses
- Access to "MyShare" MinRes Share Plan
- Employee discounts and offers
- Salary packaging
- Physical and mental health programs
- State of the art corporate facilities featuring onsite gym, crèche and restaurant
- 16 weeks paid Parental Leave (or 32 weeks at half pay) for the primary caregiver
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.