WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Lithium
- Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017
- Full Time
Mineral Resources is an innovative and leading mining services company, with a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities, including iron ore and lithium.
You probably have heard us allot in the media recently?
MinRes is going through an exponential growth phase spear headed by a diverse business model that includes owner operating sites - mining lithium, iron ore and our powerful mining services arm.
Our business model is one of agility and fluidity that has changed with market conditions - just look at our investment in world class lithium operations.
Now is the time to jump into an organisation that empowers people to make decisions and a daily impact in their role.
About the role
Our lithium team is expanding, and we have a fresh role available for a self-motivated Senior Geotechnical Engineer on a 8|6 or 14/14 roster. Supporting the Principal Geotechnical Engineer, you will apply your skills and knowledge to;
- Provide operational guidance on implementation of the Ground Control Management Plan (GCMP) across MRL’s Lithium operating mines and audit compliance
- Develop, implement and maintain the critical geotechnical risk-management processes, systems, procedures, and databases
- Support operational readiness geotechnical studies including monitoring system design and implementation
- Provide risk-based geotechnical advice and consultation with a wide range of stakeholders
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with other business units and external parties, contribute to knowledge building and awareness, influence decision making regarding ground control management
- Implement growth and sustaining projects across a future facing pipeline of greenfield battery metal projects
What we’re after
- Overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development;
- Well organised with the ability to manage a diverse range of activities in a self-driven fashion;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels of an organisation;
- Practical, ‘hands-on’ person who is willing to achieve the best results for our business;
- Cultivates positive team relationships through effective communication and consultation;
- An agent of change;
- A focus on value and knowledge of how to unlock it;
- Naturally curious and self-motivated to reach into all areas of investigation and mining operations;
- Supporting and mentoring of junior staff and operational teams.
- Ability to work in a distributed team
What you’ll bring to the team
- A degree, or equivalent tertiary qualification, in Geotechnical engineering, Engineering geology or similar is preferred
- Seven plus years experience in the geotechnical engineering aspects of open cut mining, including a good understanding of drill and blast, mine geology, scheduling and operations;
- Demonstrated experience in slope stability monitoring system design, implementation and management;
- Relevant experience with involvement in geotechnical investigation programs (logging, management and collation of data);
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Previous experience with industry standard mining geotechnical software and stability analysis (2D limit equilibrium and / or 3D modelling);
- Some exposure to finite element modelling experience advantageous;
This role is currently offered as 8/6 or 14/14 FIFO roster.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes, including:
• Competitive salary
• Quarterly cash bonuses
• Generous leave options
• Employee discounts and offers
• Physical and mental health programs
• Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
For any queries, please contact Jarrod – Talent Acquisition Advisor on firstname.lastname@example.org
MEM Supervisor - Mount MarionMount Marion 507892 Kambalda WA Australia Kambalda, WA, Australia, 6442 Professional & Technical Lithium, Supervisor
Mining SupervisorBrockman 507871 Tom Price WA Australia Tom Price, WA, Australia, 6751 Trades & Labour Mining and Project Development
Senior PlannerOsborne Park 507709 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Construction
Project PlannerOsborne Park 507702 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Construction
Maintenance Strategies SpecialistOsborne Park 507861 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Maintenance Master Data SpecialistOsborne Park 507857 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.