WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Senior Land Access Officer - Energy
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to help shape company culture and contribute to lasting change.
About the role
We are now accepting applications for a Senior Land Access Officer, responsible for the delivery of the land access requirements of the business including managing compliance with the Company’s contractual obligations insofar as relevant to oil and gas tenure and land access.
- Assist with negotiating land access agreements and compensation for drilling activities and seismic surveys;
- Prepare and maintain a comprehensive database of contractual obligations under existing agreements entered into by the Company in respect of oil and gas tenure and land access
- Liaise with private land holders and pastoralists all other tenure holders
- Maintain a register of land access authorisations and manage requests for access to oil and gas tenure (where no separate tenure granted)
- Incorporate additions/changes for individual landholders into the template access and compensation agreement, working with MRL Legal Counsel to ensure changes are aligned with the MRL legal framework;
- Capture and track agreement nuances and work with Land Access Officers to ensure compliance with agreements;
- Draft letters of a legal nature to landholders as required, informing of their rights in accordance with the Act(s);
Your work becomes more meaningful when it’s part of something bigger than you. It may feel like you’re pushing yourself to the edge of what’s possible, but this is the kind of work that fills you up and highlights the value of your contribution. Your time with MRL is an opportunity to capitalise on the skills and talent that you’ve been cultivating for so long, in an environment where you’ll be given the trust to do so.
Putting you in position to do what you do best? MRL would.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualification in Business/Commerce or Law preferable.
- 8+ years’ experience in a land access, approvals, tenement management or statutory role;
- Demonstrated experience in land and/or operational contract negotiation and tenement management;
- Proficient knowledge of Petroleum Act & regulations, Aboriginal Heritage Act and Native Title Act desirable;
- Self-discipline to work autonomously and in a team environment and willingness to assist others to achieve common goals;
- Ability to build positive working relationships with the team and within the business;
- Effective organisation, communication, listening and presentation skills;
Making your mark
At MRL there’s a new energy that comes from our team of passionate employees. They achieve personal goals and contribute to a larger transformation that goes far beyond the bottom line. Our leadership pathway is focused on sharing in the success with other people as they make their own mark on our business and beyond. In the past, you may have worked day and night to get things out the door. Sure, we value effort – but we also want you to step away when you need, to leave work at work, and give your all when you’re clocked in but never at the expense of your health or family.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MRL, including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Generous leave options
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Utility505114 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Camps and Hospitality
Intermediate Riggers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505109 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Superintendent505108 Goldfields WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Steel Fixers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505104 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara. South-West WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia. South-West, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Advisor505082 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Environmental Advisor505081 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.