WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Senior Mine Planning Engineer
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
As an ASX100 company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian leader delivering innovative and sustainable diversified mining solutions, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.
A Little Background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our people are empowered to challenge the status quo and actively explore new ideas and opportunities. We work together and focus on getting things done. Our agility allows us to act fast and seize opportunities – achieving exceptional, sustainable results.
Do you like to think outside the square and challenge yourself? Do you like to collaborate as a team to achieve more than you thought possible?
Think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
At Mineral Resources, we continually improve not only our operations, but our systems and processes. Our people are at the heart of all that we do. Our leaders provide a foundation on which our talent, passion and entrepreneurial spirit can shine through.
The result? We work together to create solutions and achieve exceptional results, in a safe and sustainable way. Together, we will always deliver – and that sets us apart.
Do you have the courage to take on the impossible and the passion to make it happen? Do you care about your team and celebrate their differences?
Think Mineral Resources – we’re different.
About the role
We are currently looking for a self-motivated Senior Mine Planning Engineer responsible for mine optimisation, design, strategic and tactical mine planning and scheduling for MRL mining operations. Reporting to the Mine Planning Manager, your primary purpose will be to create value by:
- independently delivering quality plans;
- pursuing options founded through your natural curiosity;
- ensuring your plans are executed via the many relationships you will build.
Based in our Applecross office (with a move to a brand new Osbourne Park office in 2021), you will have the opportunity to work across both Lithium and Iron Ore commodities with involvement in projects at all stages from pre-feasibility, to operational readiness and approvals, to operating sites and into closure and rehabilitation.
What we’re after
We’re looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
- Producing, reviewing and communicating operating schedules, plans and designs
- Undertaking scenario and project analysis to support plan development and contribute to understanding and management of site value drivers
- Responsible for delivery and compilation of annual and 5-year mine plans
- Analysing and communicating fleet requirements
- Liaising with the site mining team and technical services team to ensure production and quality conforms with overall plan and strategy
- Implementing and developing continuous improvement initiatives to improve performance and efficiencies
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in mine optimisation, design, planning and scheduling in a mining environment
- Experienced with mine planning and design software packages (Minemax Scheduler and Alastri Products experience highly regarded)
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Has operational work experience to meet the WA Unrestricted Quarries Managers Certificate requirements
- Demonstrated working knowledge of mine safety procedures and regulations
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now!
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
Utility505114 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Camps and Hospitality
Intermediate Riggers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505109 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Superintendent505108 Goldfields WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Steel Fixers - FIFO 3:1 Perth505104 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara. South-West WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia. South-West, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Safety Advisor505082 Goldfields. Metro. Pilbara WA Australia Goldfields, WA, Australia. Metro, WA, Australia, 6000. Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Environmental Advisor505081 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Mining and Project Services
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.