WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Senior Mine Planning Engineer - Strategic
- Full Time
WA is a state (and an economy) built on mining.
At Mineral Resources (MinRes), we are focused on growing our success by delivering industry leading projects that benefit our people, our shareholders and the community. With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
MinRes has come a long way – but we’re really just getting started.
We are currently in an incredible growth phase with no threat of slowing down.
Some Key Business Topics Making Headlines
- Re launch of the Wodgina Lithium operations
- Onslow iron kick off
- Completion of our game changing corporate offices in Osbourne Park (they must be seen to believe)
- Incredibly generous referral and share bonus schemes
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can’t accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.
About the role
Located at our brand new, world class corporate offices in Osborne Park. This is a newly created opportunity to specifically work closely with our iron ore operations on several of our owner/operator sites.
Reporting to the Principal Mine Planning Engineer, the Senior Mine Planning Engineer is responsible for development of pit optimisations and strategic mine plans, in the support of studies, at Life of Mine and 5-year planning horizons for MRL’s future Iron Ore operations. Additionally, the Senior Mine Planning Engineer will also oversee the creation of key designs required to enable the plans they generate and optimise the safety and efficiency for the site they are responsible for.
Your value add:
- independently delivering quality plans and associated designs
- pursuing options founded through your natural curiosity
- ensuring your plans are executed via the many relationships you will build
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Over 5 years of demonstrated experience in mine optimisation, design, planning and scheduling in a mining environment
- Experienced with mine planning and design software packages (Surpac and Alastri Products experience highly regarded)
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Has operational work experience to meet the WA Unrestricted Quarries Managers Certificate requirements
- Demonstrated working knowledge of mine safety procedures and regulations
Key Benefits Explained
- 10% retention bonus paid quarterly on top of base
- $3,000 referral bonus
- Share bonus scheme – each share you purchase the business matches
- World class offices that include a gym, restaurant and site parking
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now!
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information, please email Jarrod - Talent Acquisition Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixed Plant Operators | Full-time 2/1 roster – Iron ValleyIron Valley 507471 Newman WA Australia Newman, WA, Australia, 6753 Trades & Labour Crushing and Processing
Shipping OfficerOsborne Park 507429 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Administration & Office Support
Drill & Blast SupervisorWodgina 507412 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Wodgina
Electrical SupervisorNammuldi BWT Construction 507440 Port Hedland WA Australia Port Hedland, WA, Australia, 6721 Professional & Technical Supervisor
Drill & Blast SupervisorWonmunna 507437 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Power Generation Operator MaintainerMiscellaneous 507390 Trades & Labour Energy
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.