WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Senior Mining Geologist
- Goldfields, WA, Australia
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to help shape company culture and contribute to lasting change.
About the role
Due to exponential growth, we have a newly created position for an experienced Senior Mining Geologist at our Mount Marion project on an 8/6 roster.
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, you will be accountable for developing and maintaining the geological, quality and grade control systems. Your primary responsibility will be to manage daily site geological activities in conjunction with production and planning operation teams and mentoring mine geologists and pit technicians.
- The commitment to working safely, promotion of safe working practices and utilisation of MRL’s safe work systems
- Developing geological systems across grade control, mine operations and crushing & processing activities
- Effectively communicate across technical services, drill & blast, mining, crushing and processing teams to ensure optimal processes and outcomes
- Collect and manage daily grade control data, including stockpile tracking and mine to port reconciliation
- Provide reports, information and updates to stakeholders both internally and externally as required
- Manage crushing and processing build blends in relation to grade and contaminants
- Maintain and update geological models
- Prepare and communicate weekly, monthly and quarterly reconciliation reports
- Actively supervise mine geologists and pit technicians
Your work becomes more meaningful when it’s part of something bigger than you. It may feel like you’re pushing yourself to the edge of what’s possible, but this is the kind of work that fills you up and highlights the value of your contribution. Your time with MRL is an opportunity to capitalise on the skills and talent that you’ve been cultivating for so long, in an environment where you’ll be given the trust to do so.
Putting you in position to do what you do best?
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualifications Geology
- Demonstrated experience as a Senior Mining Geologist in an active mining environment essential; ideally with exposure to open cut lithium operations
- Competent with 3D modelling software such as Surpac and database management through Mine Market (Datamine)
- A strong commitment to a zero harm safety culture, for both yourself and your work colleagues
- Able to maintain composure in a fast-paced, energetic workplace; responding to competing demands for time and resources and mentoring of team members in a quality first culture
Making your mark
At MRL there’s a new energy that comes from our team of passionate employees. They achieve personal goals and contribute to a larger transformation that goes far beyond the bottom line. Our leadership pathway is focused on sharing in the success with other people as they make their own mark on our business and beyond. In the past, you may have worked day and night to get things out the door. Sure, we value effort – but we also want you to step away when you need, to leave work at work, and give your all when you’re clocked in but never at the expense of your health or family.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Generous leave options
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
EOI - CSI Construction - Pipefitter505517 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Construction
Dozer Operators505676 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Trades & Labour Mining Operators
Field Services SupervisorKwinana Workshop 505509 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Crushing and Processing, Supervisor
Senior Network EngineerApplecross 505611 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services, Information Technology
Safety AdvisorKemerton 505654 South-West WA Australia South-West, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Health & Safety
Plumbing SupervisorKen's Bore 505617 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Plumber, Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.