WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Senior Safety Manager
- Metro, WA, Australia, 6000
- Full Time
MRL Energy is a division of MinRes and is responsible for provision of cost effective and efficient Energy solutions to the MinRes Business and its clients. Along with renewable solutions, our team is working to displace diesel use through appraisal and development of our significant gas prospects onshore Western Australia.
MinRes is a top 100 ASX mining services company with a strong pipeline of projects that will drive unprecedented growth over the next five years. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we offer attractive salaries and benefits, opportunities for career advancement and world-class workspaces designed for employee wellbeing – to ensure our people get their best life!
About the role
MRL Energy is looking for an experienced Senior Safety Manager, who will be responsible for driving best practice health and safety outcomes and ensuring standards, systems, and processes are being implemented in line with all Company and legislative requirements. You will have the opportunity to drive continuous improvement and innovation across the operations. Your significant success and experience in building and maintaining positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory authorities and industry peers will help guarantee success. You will be a member of the Energy Resources Limited Functional Leadership Team, and the Mineral Resources Corporate Safety Leadership Team.
- Key responsibilities include:Responsible for the safety performance, assisting with employee training and development, safe working process and practices and in developing a healthy and sustainable safe working culture
- Ensuring that health and safety legislative requirements are met and exceeded, functional activities are integrated, and contribution is made to the optimisation of health and safety systems and processes
- Ensure Safety Case processes, systems and procedures are maintained to an acceptable level across all operations
- Providing field-based support to operational assets in ensuring asset-based health and safety activities and obligations are completed
- Leading health and safety initiatives to assist with driving a positive health and safety culture
- Participating and leading incident investigations
- Be involved in the development, review, and approval process for corporate and site management system HSE documentation
- Represents Safety with Joint Venture Partners and Regulatory Agencies
- Coordinates Safety content and provides communications with JVP meetings and presentations
- Interfaces with Regulatory bodies to represent MRL Energy / ERL management, and facilitate the government authorisations to operate MRL Energy Assets
- Manage and ensure risk and hazards registers are maintained
- Ensure training KPI’s for the division are satisfied
- Provide operational safety support to the MRL Energy team
This position reports directly to the General Manager (Energy), with a high level of autonomy and support at a senior level.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety; Engineering.
- Demonstrate visible leadership towards people
- Previous experience in the implementation and application of HESQ management systems in the oil and gas industry.
- Understanding the implementation and application of various Risk assessment techniques (HAZID, JHA’s).
- Previous experience in conducting root cause analysis (RCA) into incidents, including the ICAM process
- Strong understanding in the application of Permit to Work Systems in a Commissioning or Production environment.
- Understanding of Facility operating Systems and Sub-systems.
- Knowledge on Emergency Response preparedness and response activities.
- Oversight and governance of the Site Emergency Management Plan
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MinRes including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Great Employee Share plans – MyShare
- Flexible working options
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
We are moving within the next few months to state-of-the-art new offices in Osborne Park which feature leading edge office fit-out and technology, a gym, café, and restaurant and have easy access to public transport – join us for this exciting development!
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
People OfficerOsborne Park 507009 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Manager Indigenous EngagementApplecross 507007 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal Indigenous EngagementApplecross 506997 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Principal - Community Engagement AdvisorApplecross 506996 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Corporate Services
Asset Improvement SpecialistOsborne Park 506990 Metro WA Australia Metro, WA, Australia, 6000 Professional & Technical Engineering
Senior MetallurgistWodgina 506959 Pilbara WA Australia Pilbara, WA, Australia Professional & Technical Supervisor
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.