WE'RE A COMPANY ON THE RISE
Senior Shipping Officer
- Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017
- Full Time
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MinRes), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to help shape company culture and contribute to lasting change.
About the role
The Shipping Officer is primarily responsible for the handling of bulk shipping operation activities and assisting in chartering of capesize, baby capesize vessels and supramax for export as well as containers for import.
- Shipping and chartering operations, including preparation of all charter parties, handling of vessel operational issues and laytime calculation, coordination of discharge ports and agent nomination for all import and export shipments
- Import container bookings for entire group, including all operations, scheduling and updates
- Coordinate shipping activities as per shipping schedule and port allocation
- Provide shipping updates and forecast to the Marketing and Port Operations team on regular basis
- Provide shipping related costs information to accounts department for royalty returns and month-end accrual purposes
- Responsible for laytime calculations and all shipping operational activities.
- Assist in shipping documentation for import and export
- Manage the interface between operations, shipping and marketing
- Developing shipment schedules, coordinate and closely communicate with the port, shipping brokers and agents and marketing team to ensure appropriate shipping activities take place as planned
- Assist Shipping Manager with all freight related matters as and when required
What you’ll bring to the team
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Minimum 5-year experience in similar role and industry
- Good understanding of international shipping terms and regulations
- Vessel operations knowledge
- Able to work under pressure
- High degree of capability with Microsoft software
- Commitment to provide excellent customer service and communication skills
- A good team player
Making your mark
At MinRes there’s a new energy that comes from our team of passionate employees. They achieve personal goals and contribute to a larger transformation that goes far beyond the bottom line. Our leadership pathway is focused on sharing in the success with other people as they make their own mark on our business and beyond. In the past, you may have worked day and night to get things out the door. Sure, we value effort – but we also want you to step away when you need, to leave work at work, and give your all when you’re clocked in but never at the expense of your health or family.
And then there’s the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business. That means a range of additional benefits for choosing
- Competitive salary
- State of the art - new offices, Osborne Park
- Access to "MyShare" - MinRes Employee Share Plan
- Quarterly retention bonuses
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MinRes.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply
Maintenance Site AdministratorOnslow Port 507718 Onslow WA Australia Onslow, WA, Australia, 6710 Professional & Technical Administration & Office Support, Construction
Senior Mining EngineerWonmunna 506851 Newman WA Australia Newman, WA, Australia, 6753 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Environmental AdvisorKoolyanobbing 507367 Koolyanobbing WA Australia Koolyanobbing, WA, Australia, 6427 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Senior Environmental AdvisorOsborne Park 506527 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Materials & Logistics SupervisorWonmunna 507893 Newman WA Australia Newman, WA, Australia, 6753 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Senior Mining EngineerOsborne Park 507904 Osborne Park WA Australia Osborne Park, WA, Australia, 6017 Professional & Technical Mining and Project Development
Our application form takes just minutes to complete.